UKC

Jebel Toubkal- again! Winter on the Ouanoums ridge???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
1philjones1 17 Sep 2008
Out in Morocco in February and planning on doing Jebel Toubkal. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the Ouanoums ridge in winter conditions? Seen it graded around AD but what gear/protection is required? How long is the abseil? How long did the route take? etc etc
Additionally, the route up the North cwm I've seen described as a walk, a scramble and also PD graded- in winter conditions, does it require ropes either to protect any particular sections or for moving together? Any info gratefully received.
 Matt Forshaw 17 Sep 2008
In reply to 1philjones1: I did some research on the WSW ridge a few months ago, as you state its about AD in summer and the rock climbing is allegedly up to HS with a few bits of avoidable VS. Couldn't find any equivalent winter grades but if the route follows the same path in winter as it does in summer then it could potentially involve some quite hard mixed stuff by the sounds of things.

Hope this helps, I'll be interested to see if you get any replies from people with first-hand experience!

Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...