UKC

The Mighty Dave Graham - UK, IRL, NED, DEN & NOR

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 MattH 23 Sep 2008
premier post photo
More details, including online ticket sales for Sheffield at http://www.heason.net
OP MattH 06 Oct 2008
In reply to MattH:

Was at the Sheffield lecture last night. Thought it was one of the most original lectures I;ve seen yet. Woudl be interested to hear what others thought? I wonder if any climber has ever squeezed more words into a 2 hour spell than that before! Dave is out on the Grit today and the weather is mint

MattH
TimS 06 Oct 2008
In reply to MattH: Best lecture I've ever been to - funny, inspirational, well thought out and thought provoking. I look forward to hearing about some big numbers from the man!
fred_stone 06 Oct 2008
In reply to MattH: Great talk in London. If anyone is wondering whether or not to go and see him, GO!!! It is more than worth it & not just for the hardcore climbers.

F
 Ropeboy 06 Oct 2008
In reply to MattH:

A really great lecture, one of the best I've been to in a long time. His enthusiasm was very uplifting and he had a very likeable personality. Overall an excellent talk but the Works was very cold, not a critism, just an observation.

Cheers,

John
 J.Wells 06 Oct 2008
In reply to MattH:

saw the one at the Arch, great lecture and very informative. Almost a coaching session really.
 AlisonS 06 Oct 2008
In reply to J.Wells:

Rats! I could have gone to the one at the Arch. Unfortunately the tag "The Mighty" put me off because it smacks of sycophancy and I can't stand that. But it sounds like he's an OK bloke so maybe I'll go another time.
 TRNovice 07 Oct 2008
In reply to MattH:

Highly, highly recommended IMO.
 zorro 07 Oct 2008
In reply to J.Wells: Was it purely sitting round listening to him talk, or did he do any climbing?
 Ram MkiV 07 Oct 2008
In reply to zorro: no climbing unfortunately but I heard he did do some impressive juggling then performed a head stand.
OP MattH 08 Oct 2008
fred_stone 08 Oct 2008
In reply to AlisonS: i don't think the 'mighty' was altogether serious.
OP MattH 10 Oct 2008
In reply to fred_stone:

More feedback, this time from Ambleside last night:

Really enjoyed the lecture too. The guy's a natural speaker, honest, funny and very interesting... in fact one of the best lectures I have ever seen.
xyz 11 Oct 2008
Saw the lecture in Ambleside and thought it was undoubtably the best, most thoughtful and inspiring climbing lecture I have seen. Dave comes across with genuine humility and humor. The lecture provides a portal and brief glimpse into the mindset of an individual who along with a very select few is pushing the boundaries and limits of our multi-faceted sport. The slides are more reflective and metaphorical rather than "here is a picture of me cranking some really hard route". The highlight for me was a picture of Dave looking at a load of shellfish in a European market. The connections made from this one slide into climbing, an individuals psyche and life in general were truly amazing - but you will have to see the lecture to find out why?

Lee
 philo 11 Oct 2008
In reply to MattH: was really good in durham last night

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...