UKC

scafell buttresses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
limestone junkie 25 Sep 2008
anyone know from experience or knowledge whether east & central buttresses are likely to be dry tomorrow?

Cheers

Rog
 Rog Wilko 25 Sep 2008
In reply to limestone junkie: You've got a fair chance as there hasn't been any rain in the Lakes for a bit. However, neither get much sun, so I could think of better places to climb at this time of year. Here's a useful link http://www.lake-district.gov.uk/weatherline which shows temps of 7 celsius at 900m, and that's before the effects of any wind. But I'm just am old wuss....
 Gael Force 25 Sep 2008
In reply to limestone junkie: They will be mainly dry,Wilko you are a wuss........ ,who needs sun..
Phizzers 25 Sep 2008
In reply to limestone junkie:
Most of the East Buttress and the Pinnacle will be dry and fairly clean by now, the front face (Botterill's to Moss Gill) will be OK, but you will encounter a lot of lichen on some routes. Have a good time!
In reply to limestone junkie: The pinnacle was slimy and seepy on sunday morning; most of the rest of the crag was a bit crap too but a party seemed to be enjoying botteril's. If it's not rained since then it'd be worth the walk i'd think.
 Rog Wilko 26 Sep 2008
In reply to Gael Force: I freely admit it! But I know it's not clever, or big...
 Heybaz 26 Sep 2008
In reply to limestone junkie: From my office window now - sun is shining on the Wasdale fells, slight haze, gentle breeze - should be near perfect!
In reply to limestone junkie: Did boterills slab on sunday. First and last pitches were soaked, middle pitch was dry appart from the first couple of moves. There were quite large wet streaks down most of central buttress.
 Wry Gob 26 Sep 2008
In reply to limestone junkie:
> anyone know from experience or knowledge whether east & central buttresses are likely to be dry tomorrow?
>
> Cheers
>
> Rog

We were on esk last weekend and although it looked good the slime monsters were lurking in the back of the (Cumbrian) grooves. Still doable though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...