UKC

argos tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 danp1 25 Sep 2008
can any 1 remember what make that tent was? that some 1 was talking about the other day.

cheers
satori 25 Sep 2008
 mark20 25 Sep 2008
In reply to danp1:
I had a 1 man Argos tent once, and woke in a huge puddle. Not recommended.
 leeangell 25 Sep 2008
In reply to danp1:

I can recommend the above tent, my son has one and it stood up to a real battering on Cadair Idris a couple of months ago, it's light it's functional and its cheap! im thinking of getting one myself.
 leeangell 25 Sep 2008
In reply to leeangell:

I would say that he's used it in places that argos probally did'nt intend it to be used eg mountainous conditions/snow/gale force winds etc so it's looking a bit rough round the edges now but at less than £30 it's not exactlly expensive.
almost sane 25 Sep 2008
In reply to mark20:
There have been two models of Argos solo tent.

The single skin one is seriously dodgy.

The pro-action one has been used in all sorts of nasty weather up here in Scotland. I don't know if its been used in winter though. Anybody?
 leeangell 25 Sep 2008
In reply to almost sane:

I see no reason why it couldnt be used in winter though id lenghen/adapt the guy lines cause they are very short and maybe take some better pegs.
almost sane 26 Sep 2008
In reply to leeangell:
> I see no reason why it couldnt be used in winter though id lenghen/adapt the guy lines cause they are very short and maybe take some better pegs.

My concern is: where do you cook? The only option I can see is to have the stove outside the tent. Does anybody have any better ideas? Otherwise its a great wee tent, and now at half price...
TooCauldAgain 26 Sep 2008
In reply to danp1:

Just for info...Halfords are selling most of their tent range at half price just now too.
 wushu 26 Sep 2008
In reply to almost sane: There is a small porch area you could possibly cook in, but the tent isn't fire retardent, so it may be risky!
Great tent otherwise!
 BigBrother 26 Sep 2008
In reply to almost sane: I pegged out both corners of the outer at the front and unpegged the front of the inner and folded it back. I could then sit in the inner and had all of the front of the tent as a 'porch' to cook in. The front pole is actually quite high and hence the there is good space above the stove. I didn't bother repegging the inner but just folded it back out to sleep. Stood up to several days of strong winds on Lundy pitched like that.

I keep thinking of doing a bit of alteraton and make outer pitch first which would be quite easy to do.
 leeangell 26 Sep 2008
In reply to BigBrother:

Excellent idea ill be doing that too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...