UKC

Elbow Tendon Release Surgery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tattoo2005 30 Sep 2008
Hello fellow climbers, I'm looking for some info about elbow tendon release surgery and if anyone else has had this procedure done? I had my op a week and a half ago and am doing ok although being right handed and now having my right arm splinted at 90 degrees and bandaged up has caused a few problems lol! I tried every alternative therapy, had all the joint injections I was allowed as well but nothing worked so here I am on my road to recovery hopefully. Has anyone else had this op done and if so how was the physio and recovery time? I know that I have a longish road ahead of me but any advice/info would be helpful. Thanks :O) Kirstin xxx
 Bill Davidson 30 Sep 2008
In reply to tattoo2005:

Hi Tats, I had to have an Achilles Tendon scrape, or decompression to give it its formal name. Had to lay up for a while after but its as good as new now. Gets a bit achy if I do to much but overall a big improvement as I used to go through the roof if anything even brushed it! Hope your elbow one recovers as well as mine did.
OP tattoo2005 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Bill Davidson: heya Bill, where you been hiding, not spoken to you for ages! I'm back to see the surgeon on Friday which will make my day, he's a total babe and I will find out more info then, I just want to see a wee glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, I'm tired of my toast ending up on the floor when I try to butter it lol! xx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...