UKC

Scarpa rock climbing shoe sizes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tandem 30 Sep 2008
Can anyone give me an estimate of Scarpa's climbing shoe sizes? I'd be interested in ordering a pair to try how they work for me, but I don't have the opportunity to test'em beforehands.

I wear size 42 EUR (8 UK) in Madrock and Fiveten, and size 39,5 EUR (6 UK) in La Sportiva. The model I'm looking for in Scarpa would be Stix or Booster..

Thanks!
 EwanR 30 Sep 2008
In reply to tandem: There's some good advice and a comparison table at

http://blog.rockrun.com/2008/06/rock-shoe-sizing-guide.html

Which suggests 41 for the booster based on 42 for the 5.10s.....
 smithy 30 Sep 2008
In reply to tandem:

Bear in mind that the stix/booster kind of 'evolved' from the sportiva testarossa, so sizing is likely to be quite similar to sportiva rock shoes.

The fit in each one was a bit different when I tried them, but the sizing was pretty similar.

balmybaldwin 30 Sep 2008
In reply to tandem:

If it helps, I wear a painful(ish) size 42 Booster and I'm about 8.5 in normal shoes
tandem 30 Sep 2008
Thanks everyone, I ordered Booster size 40 combining the information from different sources.. Let's see how they turn out to be..
 galpinos 01 Oct 2008
In reply to tandem:

The Stix has a pretty bonkers toe box imo so buying them without trying them on is pretty risky.
 clipskipper 06 Oct 2008
In reply to tandem: I wear Scarpa Visions at 44.5 and I wear 45/10 1/2 normal shoes, so the usual half to one size smaller.

The half size makes a difference - i have a size 45 too but these can't be trusted not to slip on small footholds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...