UKC

socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RockAngel 30 Sep 2008
Have heardof some battery powered heated socks that north sea fishermen use to keep their tootsies warm. I want some as my feet dont warm up in the winter but I dont want to pay a fortune for them.

Where can I get some at a reasonable price and warmth?
boswelox 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel:

Then wear two pairs
 Trippy82 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel:

Depends what you call a fortune but there are some on here:

http://www.prowarm.com/heated-gloves-insoles-socks--scarves-10-c.asp
OP RockAngel 30 Sep 2008
In reply to boswelox: already wear 2 pairs of thick hiker socks but they still turn blue.

Defrosting feet bloodly well hurts.
OP RockAngel 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Trippy82: saw some for over £100 so those are bargains in comparison. might have to get the socks and gloves or they're going on my christmas present list!
OP RockAngel 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Trippy82: thanks

Tall Clare 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel:

have you looked at some of the winter boots that have thinsulate lining?
Bingly Bong 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Tall Clare: Can you let me have the link to your special home knitted socks please? I missed the last thread with it on and can't remember where to look...
OP RockAngel 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Tall Clare: I have really bad feet. The boots I wear for voluntary work dont have room for insoles. They're green steel toe capped things. I am outside during the winter dragging trees around and felling them.
OP RockAngel 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel: hell, they're for in my house as well.
 Tall Clare 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel:

ah - I was thinking you were looking for sock-warming methods for winter walking/climbing. The thinsulate lined boots I was thinking of are fully lined, not just the insole (the likes of Salomon Super Mountain Experts etc).
 Tall Clare 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel:

for in your house, what about getting yourself a pair of down bootees?

they look *ace*!
 Al Evans 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel: I have some, donated by Francoise who posts here, never used them, but mate had them on Everest in '88 and he never got frostbite.
 Al Evans 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Al Evans: I'm still wating to buy a pair of Clare's
 ianslade 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel: Scarpa make some heated foot beds and Superfeet make some thermal foot beds for ski boots ect.
Bingly Bong 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Tall Clare: Brill! Thank you!

I was thinking about making some for the kids (as bed socks), are they hard?

I did make a jumper for a baby many moons ago, so have knitted before but very basic stuff.

I'd imagine the heel is the trickiest part? Me thinks I'll have to go looking go instructions!!
 Tall Clare 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Bingly Bong:

I think they're not too bad as long as you go slowly - there are ways of being able to unravel back to a certain point without having to unravel the whole thing (I've found this handy )

Dark-Cloud 30 Sep 2008
In reply to RockAngel: I use these in my ski boots, but they aint cheap, good though, i think they do a basic model which takes AA batteries, then you need the insoles !!

http://www.therm-ic.com/en/products/product-compare.html?no_cache=1&ver...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...