UKC

JOHN DUNNE'S READY & WAITING!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jude calvert-toulmin 24 Jul 2001
answers to a few of the questions from the existing two John Dunne threads:

In reply to Andy R: are you the Andy from Keighley?

In reply to Loz: my climbing hero is Johnny Dawes

In reply to Paul Heathcote: I presume E7 6B refers to End Of The Affair, E7 in my book

In reply to The Cumbrian re: any useful beta on "Digital Crack" ?

Strong fingers and big lungs essential.

In reply to Brian T: the best curry house in Bradford is "The Sweet Centre".

re: "do you have scraps on your chip butties?" - if available

re: "do you really want to go and live in Sheffield?" - no, whatever gave you that idea?

re: "Baildon Bank love it or loathe it?" - Baildon Bank is a premier venue.

re: favourite sweets - Yorkshire Mixture

re: favourite crisps - not Seabrooks

In reply to Dave Collier: re "How does JD train?" - ive got a large climbing wall at home, i dont need to go to a wall but if i do id probably go to Warrington.

re: "ive seen chalk on the wall left of New Statesman" - i throw my chalk ball up onto the wall every time i climb there.

In reply to FH: re "why on earth did Adidas sponsor a climber?" - because they wanted to promote their adventure range of footwear and JD was the face of adventure

Tom O 24 Jul 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: Whats your score on fling the cow, over 350 ?

Ever been properly sandbagged ? and if so by whom and on what ?
In reply to gareth stott: re "what pint would you have with your crisps?" - Guiness every time.

jude says "draught i presume"

john - "absolutely"
In reply to Tom O: get a life
Graham 24 Jul 2001
John: Is it true that you were rescued off Parthian Shot a couple of times before completing it?

In your opinion is Flying Buttress Direct at Stanage, E1 or HVS?

G
all the replies on this thread are from john, not me, sorry, i forgot to put his name up, will remedy this for next question.
Pete 24 Jul 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin:
John, being a full time climber and at the top of the game for quite a while now, do you actually "train" much anymore, or do you just climb lots and stay fit that way?

Pete
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to Graham: re: was i rescued - yes, correct.

re "In your opinion is Flying Buttress Direct at Stanage, E1 or HVS?"

- depends on your rack.

SammyB 24 Jul 2001

Go on then...how big is your wall at home?
Tom O 24 Jul 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: Touchy touchy Jude, i've got a life but I'm 'working' late, try looking at www.flingthecow.com,

Or is it questions form the clique,

John, what do you think of narrow minded ego driven people who live in the reflected light of others rather than stand by their own achievements?

Eg criticising people for top roping a route before soloing it when they've not been on it themselves.
Graham 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:

Very funny!

G
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to Pete: re: "John, being a full time climber and at the top of the game for quite a while now, do you actually "train" much anymore, or do you just climb lots and stay fit that way?"

- i still train regularly and im stronger than ever
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to SammyB: re:"Go on then...how big is your wall at home?"

- as big as the school room in sheffield
SammyB 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:
The council have banned me from building one as my house was listed this year
Graham 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:

Is Elder Crack Arete on your agenda for the coming winter? Care to speculate on a grade?

Have you been on Samson? Smiling Wall? Wizard Ridge? Anything else?

G
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to Tom O: re:"In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: Touchy touchy Jude, i've got a life but I'm 'working' late"

i said get a life, not jude.
Stu 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE: Has anyone repeated Hari-Kiri, and have you still got the vest?

Stu
Tom O 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE: So you've never been sand bagged?
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to Graham: re:"Is Elder Crack Arete on your agenda for the coming winter? Care to speculate on a grade?"

yes it is on my agenda for the winter, no idea about grade but according to adrian berry it's completely safe (?) ps he must be mistaking it for elder crack

re: Have you been on Samson? Smiling Wall? Wizard Ridge? Anything else?

- ive been on wizard ridge.
SammyB 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:

Are you any good at arm wrestling, and have you thought about it as a major sideline sport? I wondered about that when I saw you in OTE once.
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to Stu: re "Has anyone repeated Hari-Kiri, and have you still got the vest?"

i think it's had several ascents, Steve McClure for sure. ps ive still got your craft board.
tommy twotone 24 Jul 2001

John-who, in your opinion, would constitute a 'strong team from the Peak?'

myself excluded of course
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to SammyB: re: "Are you any good at arm wrestling, and have you thought about it as a major sideline sport?"

- i prefer mud wrestling
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to tommy twotone: re: "John-who, in your opinion, would constitute a 'strong team from the Peak?'

myself excluded of course "

- Steve McClure, Steve McClure, Steve McClure and Steve McClure - i dont know of any others.

sorry, also:

I saw a photo in a climbing mag of you with lots of pies and ale-how did the photographer get you to do that without receiving a black eye?
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to tommy twotone: re: I saw a photo in a climbing mag of you with lots of pies and ale-how did the photographer get you to do that without receiving a black eye?

- he let me keep the ale and pies afterwards.
Jon Read 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:
If "6c is easy and 6b approaching a rest" why haven't they repeated your routes?

Ever been to Reiff? Birkett loved it.
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to Phil Kelly. re: John would you mind awfully if we finally got the pictures published in the mags of him wearing stockings & sussies with 2 adoring women looking on!

- i forgot about those but i'd hate to get my sniping rifle out
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to Jon Read: re: If "6c is easy and 6b approaching a rest" why haven't they repeated your routes?

- their cardio-vascular probably isnt up to the job of walking for 2 hours to get to the likes of divided years or breathless.

ive not been to Reiff.

last one, I promise...

where did find the expression 'Parthian Shot?' I had to look it up to see what it meant...
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to tommy twotone: re: "where did you find the expression 'Parthian Shot?' I had to look it up to see what it meant..."

i cant remember. i hate naming routes.
SammyB 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:

What goes through your mind at the crux on a first ascent - or I guess any serious route?
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
for some real controversy check the game out on my new website which is at www.johndunneclimbing.com, in the flash five section.
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
In reply to SammyB: re: "What goes through your mind at the crux on a first ascent - or I guess any serious route?"

- just don't let go
SammyB 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:

Not very Zen is it!
SammyB 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:
Mind you...It's the polite version of what goes through mine...
john's getting hungry so we're stopping for something to eat and giving people time to get back from work, as the johnny thread got mad later on.......keep posting questions.
OP the cumbrian 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:
re: Digital Crack. Aye, thought so. So did you flash it or redpoint it?
Mark Tolver 24 Jul 2001
1. What're your favourite crags, both home and abroad?

2. How much climbing do you do a week?

3. How much Guiness do you have to drink to reach "world class" form?
in reply to brendon tendon:

re: "I met someone in a club in Leeds called Nadine who claimed that whenever you came round to her house you emptied her fridge!

Is this true or a preposterous lie?"

is that french nadine?

In reply to the cumbrian: re: Digital Crack. Aye, thought so. So did you flash it or redpoint it?

- i tried to redpoint it and took a rest on the final bolt due to a badly split finger.
In reply to Mark Tolver: re: What're your favourite crags, both home and abroad?

-Ilkley and Joshua Tree.

re: How much climbing do you do a week?

- not enough. about 4 times a week.

re: How much Guiness do you have to drink to reach "world class" form?

- vast amounts
JOHN DUNNE 24 Jul 2001
in reply to almost sane re:

John, in this forum Jude has made many claims to being a good cook.
John, you are now in a position to validate these claims.
Is it true?

Can Jude really cook, or does she just open a tin?

- the meal was fantastic although i think i saw my mate the chef from The Sweet Centre making off over the garden wall
m@ 24 Jul 2001
In reply to JOHN DUNNE:

john,

have you moved to the warrington area yet? still waiting to see you back down and fired up at broughton for some proper cellar sessions,

cheers

matt (from bolton)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...