UKC

Keswick Wall to Close!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Keswick Wall 09 Oct 2008
Hi there,

Keswick Climbing Wall is having to close on the 31st October 2008 due to the lease being up on the building it is in at the moment. We are hoping to relocate the wall in the Keswick area and have a great site ready to move into on the outskirts of the town. We have been negotiating with the planners for some time now and have just had to apply for 'temporary' permission. If you could spare a minute to write an email of support for this application to planning@lake-district.gov.uk we would really appreciate it. The longer this drags on the more time we have without a climbing wall.

Thanks very much,
Keswick Climbing Wall
In reply to Keswick Wall:

Certainly shall! Bloody shame 'cos your current site is a great one. OK, so I'm not local but had a fantastic time there one wet afternoon in the Lakes last year!
Keswick Wall 09 Oct 2008
In reply to Ava Adore: Thanks thats great. We just want to relocate so you can still have fun when you come up to the lakes
 cmcteir 09 Oct 2008
In reply to Keswick Wall: Do you have a reference number or location of the new wall?
Keswick Wall 09 Oct 2008
In reply to cmcteir:

Just to confirm the ref number is 7/2008/2235
thanks
 skeev 09 Oct 2008
In reply to Keswick Wall: Is that the farm just north of Castlerigg stone circle?
 p3t3 09 Oct 2008

New Keswick climbing wall?! Excellent
 3leggeddog 09 Oct 2008

Will this be a new wall or the same old wall in a different building?

Just got a nice letter back from Planning Dept to say they'll keep me informed. How kind.

cmcteir 10 Oct 2008
In reply to Keswick Wall: Thats my 2p worth of support in - best of luck with the Councillors!
 PATTISON Bill 17 Oct 2008
In reply to Keswick Wall: A great shame the wall is to close having used it regularly since its opening .I think the new wall if allowed will miss out on a lot of passing trade and the convenience of being able to pop into Keswick shops will be a great miss.Thanks to all the past and present staff for their friendly and helpful approach over the years .Bill Pattison M.B.E.
bogplodder 18 Oct 2008
In reply to Keswick Wall: I was under the impression that the climbing wall owners sold the current building. The rumour is that the new site is going to be for group use only so wont be open to the gernal public, I hope this is not the case.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...