UKC

Ice screw sharpening at Tiso Ratho?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steev 19 Oct 2008
I've heard a rumour that Tiso Ratho now do an ice screw sharpening service similar to the one that Needlesports does. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
 mattbell 19 Oct 2008
In reply to steev: Has anyone had theirs sharpened at needlesports? Is it worth the money?
 ng1273 19 Oct 2008
In reply to steev:

I'm positive I can remember seeing one there a while back - although can't confirm it is there now. Used to be at the back right?

TooCauldAgain 20 Oct 2008
In reply to steev:
> I've heard a rumour that Tiso Ratho now do an ice screw sharpening service similar to the one that Needlesports does. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

What is there to sharpen ? Couldn't you get a needle file from Wilkinsons
of Edinburgh and do it yourself ?

surely its just the point you want to sharpen anyway ?
 Reach>Talent 20 Oct 2008
In reply to TooCauldAgain:
You only sharpen the points of the screw. The idea behing the grivel system is to stop you making a mess of it as the screw is fixed in a jig. There is nothing to stop you sharpening your own screws provided you know what you are doing although having the screw fixed in a jig will make the process a lot easier.
 TobyA 20 Oct 2008
In reply to Reach>Talent: A five quid file and your hand works just fine. I've been doing it for years. http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.com/2007/02/ice-screw-sharpening.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...