UKC

My New Book: Psychovertical .BUY it HERE: signed

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
andy kirkpatrick 21 Oct 2008
premier post photo
Psychovertical

Well it was almost as hard as the climbs in it, but my book Psychovertical is now in the shops, and slowly getting up the rankings (well actually down, going from around 30,000 to 700 last time I looked). Who knows one day it may even get onto that high vis book shelf in WH Smiths.

I’m selling a signed copies of the book (link below) and seeing as it’s cheaper than I can buy it if you get it from Amazon (in fact if you buy it from me, it’s cheaper for me to buy it from Amazon and get it sent to you!) So to make it a good deal still, I’m throwing in a free semi legible signature (mine before you ask) and a copy of my mini book thingy ‘Solid Air’. This was a mini magazine/booklet I did a few years ago to sell at lectures, and is a mix of stories and photos and is pretty unique.

Tootle over to: http://www.andy-kirkpatrick.com/site/psychovertical
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: To anyone thinking of buying this book - do! It's the most gripping and well written climbing book I've read since Touching the Void. Moreover signed copies will be changing hands for a small fortune in a few years time as, if Andy carrys on climbing this sort of stuff, he won't be around long enough to sign many more!
 Scott K 22 Oct 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick:
Website is not working at the moment. Will try later.
 rusty_nails 22 Oct 2008
In reply to Stephen Reid:

I must agree. This is without the best climbing/mountaineering book i have ever read. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into it Andy. It tells!
 Jus 22 Oct 2008

you sold me, gwan then.
 manxman 23 Oct 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: blast that must have been the quickest £20 i've spent for a while!
 Tom Last 23 Oct 2008

Hello Andy.

Just got it through the door, very quick turnaround cheers, looking forward to reading it. Also cheers for giving Denise P (of RGS fame) those cams a while back, they've come in pretty handy

Tom
adderz 28 Oct 2008

Hi, will you be selling copies tonight at ur lecture in st albans? Bring some along and I'll buy one. Cheers
cameron-the-simpson 28 Oct 2008
>
> Psychovertical
>
> Well it was almost as hard as the climbs in it, but my book Psychovertical is now in the shops, and slowly getting up the rankings (well actually down, going from around 30,000 to 700 last time I looked). Who knows one day it may even get onto that high vis book shelf in WH Smiths.
>
> I’m selling a signed copies of the book (link below) and seeing as it’s cheaper than I can buy it if you get it from Amazon (in fact if you buy it from me, it’s cheaper for me to buy it from Amazon and get it sent to you!) So to make it a good deal still, I’m throwing in a free semi legible signature (mine before you ask) and a copy of my mini book thingy ‘Solid Air’. This was a mini magazine/booklet I did a few years ago to sell at lectures, and is a mix of stories and photos and is pretty unique.
>
> Tootle over to: http://www.andy-kirkpatrick.com/site/psychovertical

why did you write this book
 David Turner 29 Oct 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: Annoyed I missed out on a signed copy but still a brilliant read, wholly recommended to all!
 Niall Grimes 29 Oct 2008
In reply to Stephen Reid: Just want to re-iterate Steven's words. I'm reading this at the minute and it's very good. Engaging, well crafted and honest.

Most of all, I'm enjoying it. It's all that's best about Andy, plus you can shut it up when you're tired of it.

If you're one of those people who buy things, then buy it.
andy kirkpatrick 29 Oct 2008
In reply to cameron-the-simpson:
> (In reply to andy kirkpatrick)
> [...]
>
> why did you write this book

So I could be the next Bear Grylls of course!
 jessyb55 29 Oct 2008

It must be a good book. My boyfriend bought it the other day at Birmingham. He hasn't put out since he got it because he's enjoying it so much. It's been days and days and days AND he's still only on page 17. Now I'm considering an affair.

Damn you Kirkpatrick.

martin s 29 Oct 2008
In reply to jessyb55: Andy.Not sure where you got info from but Amazon is nowhere near £20 !!!
(Admitedly, they aint got the signature or the extra book though !)
andy kirkpatrick 01 Nov 2008
In reply to martin s:

rrp is £18.99 + £2.50 P&P + £4 for solid Air - run through AK computer and out comes £20 - which is a good deal seeing as it's a signed first edition.

It is bloody cheap on Amazon but luckily most people aren't tight arsed f**king climbers and selling over 200 signed copies in the last month shows the price is right.

Bear Grylls book is only £4.99 and one review say's "it's the best book" they've ever read. I suggest you buy that - it looks like better value for money.

BenNorman 02 Nov 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: i got this for my birthday and im loving it
amazing adventures
thanks for the hours of nail biting excitement
Fauvé 02 Nov 2008

Andy,
book I ordered has arrived for my friend (last Wed), won't lie, will be reading it first!

Another bump for an excellent turnaround and bargain.

Fauvé
 robdan 02 Nov 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: Great book, love it, think u gotta be odds on to win the Boardman Tasker prize this year. Hopefully I'll make my escape from South London and make it to either Hayes or Dorking to see you later this month....now are you bringing Bear Grylls wiith you for the talk
 martin s 04 Nov 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: Do you REALLY want to be the next Bear ??????
andy kirkpatrick 04 Nov 2008
If it meant making good quality climbing programs on Tv and getting full theatres to listen to what to proper stories about climbing then yes I would. But I doupt it'll happen.

Allan McDonald 05 Nov 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: Top book mate and I read it in a day ! Particularly agreed about your comments regarding the Education System. Big respect !
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: is it likely to be coming out on DVD any time soon as i can't read.
 JollyGreen 07 Nov 2008

Fantastic book! Read and enjoyed hugely... Any more in the pipeline Andy?
 Chris F 11 Nov 2008
In reply to jessyb55:
> (In reply to andy kirkpatrick)
>
> It must be a good book. My boyfriend bought it the other day at Birmingham. He hasn't put out since he got it because he's enjoying it so much. It's been days and days and days AND he's still only on page 17.

Either he's a very slow reader or the book is totalyl indecipherable. Given the author, I know which one I would guess at.
 Up High 12 Nov 2008
> (In reply to martin s)

> Bear Grylls book is only £4.99 and one review say's "it's the best book" they've ever read. I suggest you buy that - it looks like better value for money.

Eh Andy, ......are you sure it doesnt say
" Its the only book they have ever read"
Its on my Christmas list, thats your book not Bear "Im a bloody TV star" Grylls one.
Cheers
Spike.

Matt Schwarz 13 Nov 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: the link on here, and off you site directly seems dead. are you still doing this offer?
Matt
 Mindrocket 13 Nov 2008
Bought this on Saturday (not from the website - sorry...) It's a work of genius, a truly honest and engaging read!
 fishy1 15 Nov 2008
> (In reply to martin s)
>
> Bear Grylls book is only £4.99 and one review say's "it's the best book" they've ever read. I suggest you buy that - it looks like better value for money.

Yeah, I agree, my friend also says Grylls is a better speaker than you.

andy kirkpatrick 16 Nov 2008
It know...It's his pixalated gentitals that does it for most people.
 Doug 18 Nov 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: Just ordered a copy, hope the system doesn't get to confused by a delivery address in the UK and my home address being in France

Hopefully something to read over Xmas
Willmeg 20 Nov 2008

Bought it, read it while diving in Egypt, loved it. Another good one for my collection.

Oh to be be young and reckless again..............

Russ
 robdan 23 Nov 2008
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: Well done for winning the Boardman Tasker prize, as I mentioned above I thought is was an odds on cert. Great book, think it will soon be one of those modern, most have classics like Touching The Void.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...