UKC

Climbing Wall For Sale in Nelson, New Zealand

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
dean straker 22 Oct 2008
This ever expanding business would be the perfect opportunity for a climber who is looking for a life change and a new challenge. Nelson is an outdoor heaven, with 3 national parks on your doorstep, fantastic climbing, sea kayaking, paragliding, mountain biking and an amazing climate (280 days of sun per year).

Check out our website, www.verticallimits.co.nz/forsale.shtml
and for more info about nelson, www.nelsonnz.com

If you are interested contact: dean@verticallimits.co.nz
 Tom Last 23 Oct 2008
In reply to dean straker:

Wow, Nelson is fantastic as is Golden Bay just on the doorstep. In fact, it's all pretty good out there.

One of the nicest places in NZ and that's saying something.

Wish I was in a position to buy it, at £44 grand a bargain!
loopyone 02 Nov 2008
In reply to dean straker: Could you give a rough idea of last years turnover and net profit that came solely from the climbing wall and not from the other elements of the business?
 Trangia 04 Nov 2008
In reply to tatty112:

I would be interested in these figures too. Also reason for sale?
 Paul at work 04 Nov 2008
In reply to Trangia:

I recall Dean trying to sell this wall a year or two ago. When asked for figures there was no reply last time either. You could try emailing him?

When I visited the wall in the summer of 2005, it seemed pretty good.
dean straker 06 Nov 2008
In reply to Paul at work: Hi, I'm selling the wall as my wife is just about to start Uni to retrain as a midwife. We've got 3 kids it would be difficult to juggle work, guiding and all the epic adventures we get up to in this area. I also spend more time paragliding then I do climbing (I'm waiting to have both my shoulders operated on) and a climber would get a lot more out of the business.

The business ticks along quite happily, it's been up and running since 1999 (climbing wall since 2001) and I have just extended the lease on the building for another 6 years, with the option for another 6. I have all the figures available to anyone interested. For business protection I just ask that you complete a confidentiality agreement and send it back to me.

I'm not quite sure why I didn't send the info to Paul, but I was in the european alps for 3 months around that time. I can send it to you now if you still want to move out here.

The NZ government is tightening up entry requirements and a climber would have a very good chance of getting in to NZ by buying a climbing related business.

Also, for your piece of my mind, I will still be living in Nelson and I have no intention of leaving.

I hope this answers some of your questions,

Cheers,

Dean

loopyone 06 Nov 2008
In reply to dean straker: I asked last time you were selling and agreed to sign one and heard no reply.....

The figures I have asked for should not be subject to a confidentiality agreement as they are not really any use to any of your competitors.

Net profit/annum and % of net profit solely from climbing wall income is hardly explosive information
 johnkeith 18 Nov 2008
In reply to dean straker:

Hi Dean, not in a position to buy your wall but thought I would post just to say what a good wall it is. I was at the wall a couple of times in July with my son(we were on holiday form Scotland) - excellent set up and very central - seemed to have a good regular clientelle. We travelled all over North and South Islands and this must be one of the best locations for weather/ climbing/ sailing/ beaches/culture/ skiing/ wine/ seafood etc. etc.

No connection to seller - but if I was a bit younger and had more cash I would be very interested.

John
 Trangia 21 Dec 2008
In reply to tatty112:
> (In reply to dean straker) I asked last time you were selling and agreed to sign one and heard no reply.....
>
> The figures I have asked for should not be subject to a confidentiality agreement as they are not really any use to any of your competitors.
>
> Net profit/annum and % of net profit solely from climbing wall income is hardly explosive information
>

I have had a similar experience with Dean. We exchanged emails, and he asked me to sign a confidentiality agreement to which I agreed. I told him this and received no response from him.

I question just how serious he is about selling?

In my case he has left things too late for us to take the matter any further. My sister and brother in law (who were considering a joint venture with us) were in New Zealand for a couple of months and were going to have a look at the enterprise on my behalf, but not having had the courtesy of any further response from him it is too late, and they have now returned to the UK.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...