UKC

NEWS: Adam Ondra - Hotel Supramonte On-sight & F9a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 25 Oct 2008
In a recent trip to Sardinia, climbing prodigy Adam Ondra has made the first complete on-sight ascent of the classic route Hotel Supramonte.

Adam then went on to make the first ascent of Campo Con Corvi (F9a), also in Sardinia, making this his twelfth route at the F9 grade.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=10&year=2008#n45403
 UKB Shark 25 Oct 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Astonishing. Is he still at school?
 martin heywood 25 Oct 2008
Nice one Harry Potter.
Theres a lad to onsight E10 when he grows up.
 Paz 26 Oct 2008

Fantasic. I'm still gibbering from the thought of him buying a rack.
 gaz parry 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Which crag is the new 9a on?
 Michael Ryan 26 Oct 2008
In reply to gaz parry:

Adam Ondra made the FA of Campo con corvi, 9a, at Domusnovas. In the same sector of the crag, Bronx, he's apparently working a project in the 9b-range, as he comments on his ascent of Marina: "log-boo

http://www.8a.nu/Default.aspx?CountryCode=GLOBAL
 Rob15 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: This boy is amazing!!
 climbingpixie 26 Oct 2008

Wow!
In reply to climbingpixie: My thought exactly. Wow!!!!
 racodemisa 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Earlier in the year i believe he made the 4th ascent of Ali Baba at the Aiglun wall near the Gorge du Loup-this also has multiple 8a/upper 7s pitchs(about 9 pitchs long)-he fell on one of pitchs but O.S the rest.
 Peter Herold 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: For "normal" climbers, two nice routes right inside the Gole su Gorroppu with great views of this fantastic place are Tziu Basibi (275m max 6b+ 6a obl S2) and Movrdi (hard 6c/6b obl S1+ but feels S2). I've done both of them this year and have just put some photos on my UKC album. I also added the Gola su Gorroppu as a crag. You get down in the gorge after 45' drive and 60' walk from where we live, it is a really cool place. Even if you only walk there it is a "must see" place.

Those who speak Italian can read 1st hand news of AO's visit to Domusnovas at www.shardrock.net.

ciao Peter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...