UKC

OMM coverage - did anyone catch if...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 probablylost 26 Oct 2008
...there's a via ferratta somewhere in the lakes? I think someone mentioned it in passing but I might have misheard.
rich 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Beowulf: there's an iron bridge near telford if that's any help
OP probablylost 26 Oct 2008
In reply to rich: Would the iron bridge help educate me about the geography of the area and serve as an introduction to both high mountain walking, basic climbing and give a secure insight into what it must have been like for fell runners stuck on an exposed mountain side?
In reply to Beowulf:

at honister slate mines... not been on it, but from what i've seen its one to take the kiddies on, not some overhanging horror with 1000m of air beneath you...
 DougG 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Beowulf:

I assumed the bloke said Via Ferreta and wondered if it was anything to do with Nevis-the-Cat's other half.
rich 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Beowulf: it might
psd 26 Oct 2008
In reply to DougG:
> (In reply to Beowulf)
>
> I assumed the bloke said Via Ferreta and wondered if it was anything to do with Nevis-the-Cat's other half.

Does she require any special equipment, and does she give an interesting experience of extremely dangerous terrain?
 TRNovice 26 Oct 2008
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:
> (In reply to Beowulf)
>
> [...] from what i've seen its one to take the kiddies on, not some overhanging horror with 1000m of air beneath you...

Both McLeod and Pearson have apparently scoped out the line, but gave it up as unclimbable.

Niall 26 Oct 2008
In reply to psd:
> (In reply to DougG)
> [...]
>
> Does she require any special equipment, and does she give an interesting experience of extremely dangerous terrain?

Careful now!
 Niall 26 Oct 2008
In reply to TRNovice:
> (In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs)
> [...]
>
> Both McLeod and Pearson have apparently scoped out the line, but gave it up as unclimbable.

I heard Jorgeson was waiting for it to reappear from beneath the water...
In reply to Beowulf:

Via Ferrata is latin for with ferrets.

All participants on Mr Weird's adventure education diiplomas must put a Hob down one trouser leg and a Jill on heat down the other. They must then ascend the perilous route before being allowed to remove them!
satori 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Beowulf:
> (In reply to rich)

> give a secure insight into what it must have been like for fell runners stuck on an exposed mountain side?

do they hire out ronhills, or do you have to provide your own?
 TRNovice 26 Oct 2008
In reply to satori:

They do apparently train firehoses on you whilst you are Ferrataing.
satori 26 Oct 2008
In reply to TRNovice:

i wonder how many ferrets drown?

there's the potential for a whole ferret morgue here. or an inch from here. or something :os
In reply to satori:
> (In reply to TRNovice)
>
> i wonder how many ferrets drown?
>
> there's the potential for a whole ferret morgue here. or an inch from here. or something :os

Yes!

Their handlers should be shot!

TRNovice 26 Oct 2008
In reply to satori:

Do you think if people had died Mr Weir would be pitching his establishment along these lines http://www.thedungeons.com/ by now?

From what actual competitors have said the guy seemed to have done a good job at the time, maybe less so since then.
In reply to Beowulf:

i've heard that it gives an insight into what it must be like for fell runners stuck on an exposed mountain side - think it's at an old slate mine??
OP probablylost 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Beowulf: I can't wait for Laura's husband to emerge - there's a story for the Sun if I ever saw one!
 Niall 26 Oct 2008
In reply to TRNovice:
> (In reply to satori)

> From what actual competitors have said the guy seemed to have done a good job at the time, maybe less so since then.

I have no doubt he pitched in and was very helpful. Shame he's soured that by coming across as a shameless publicity whore.
 SFM 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Beowulf:

Nono you misheard, it was a viral ferret. Been spotted heavily sneezing due to the wet weather. Poor wee thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...