UKC

OMM...who actually won ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jonno 27 Oct 2008

I bet some daft bugger...probably a well-ard squaddie...actually finished and wondered what all the fuss was about !
 sutty 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jonno:

1st- weather
2nd-slate mine owner
 Tree 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jonno: Anyone actually entered this year?
Jonno 27 Oct 2008
In reply to sutty:
> (In reply to Jonno)
>
> 1st- weather
> 2nd-slate mine owner

3rd Journalists
4th UKC pundits

5th....Colin Leggett age 46 of Cleethorpe Harriers.
 Tall Clare 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jonno:
> (In reply to sutty)
> [...]

> 4th UKC pundits
>

it does have all the hallmarks of the dream 'UKC Monday morning' thread!

Jonno 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to Jonno)
> [...]
>
> [...]
>
> it does have all the hallmarks of the dream 'UKC Monday morning' thread!>>

Indeed...if only the organisers were linked to a radical Islamic sect who sought independence for Scotland and wanted to introduce a 4x4 section next year !

Banned User 77 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jonno: The leaders after Day 1 were the same pair who have won all the elite MM's so far this year, an outdoor instructor guy from Penmaenmawr and a tech teacher from your way.
rich 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jonno: i did actually assume that a fair few people would have 'carried on' anyway but they don't give out the day 2 maps in advance i've since read
 JDDD 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Tall Clare: True, but most of the bun fighting seemed to happen on Sunday when Simon O struck up. We are getting on for 500 posts and people are still posting informed and reasonable responses. Something really wierd is going on I reckon?!
 Piers 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jonno:

Made me laugh. lol
 Mattyk 27 Oct 2008
In reply to IainRUK: Where did you get the results from? My mate on elite was not allowed to dib the final control, so results sadly may be irrelevant and although they could back track to the final control by the woods i suppose.

NickD 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Jonno:
> Indeed...if only the organisers were linked to a radical Islamic sect who sought independence for Scotland and wanted to introduce a 4x4 section next year !

...And who wished to move the event to the Peak(s).
In reply to Mattyk: That's not official, I think I read a post on the FRA forum that listed times of the lead teams. Very much all to play for on the last day by the sounds of it, so a real pity.
 Al Evans 27 Oct 2008
In reply to NickD:
> (In reply to Jonno)
> [...]
>
> ...And who wished to move the event to the Peak(s).

Its been in the Peak before at least once, I did that one and from one of the checkpoints I could see my house!
OP Anonymous 27 Oct 2008
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to Jonno) The leaders after Day 1 were the same pair who have won all the elite MM's so far this year, an outdoor instructor guy from Penmaenmawr and a tech teacher from your way.

but what's their time for the BG round?
..and what have they done on grit?
 dingbat46 27 Oct 2008
In reply to Al Evans:

I bet your overnight 'bivvy' was comfortable :-P
 Al Evans 27 Oct 2008
In reply to dingbat46: No, the rest of the course took us away from my house.
In reply to Anonymous: One of them is the (joint) holder of the record for the Paddy Buckley Round..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...