UKC

2008 Drytooling Series - Round 2 results

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Burnsie 18 Nov 2008
In reply to Pezz:

your blog is incorrect - you came joint 4th with 2 other people.
 geezer 18 Nov 2008
The pro pics from saturday are here:

www.LWimages.co.uk

-picture library-section News.

Neil
 Bill Davidson 18 Nov 2008
In reply to Burnsie:

Good pic of you on that site Burnsie, you have to register to see it I think.
 Burnsie 18 Nov 2008
In reply to Bill Davidson:

Aye bill - my specs are all steamed up in that photo and i couldn't see f all. reverted to granny mode to finish the route.
 Garbh Coire 18 Nov 2008
In reply to Burnsie: Quite a bit incorrect on that blog...
 Bill Davidson 19 Nov 2008
In reply to Garbh Coire:
> (In reply to Burnsie) Quite a bit incorrect on that blog...

Meaning?
 mux 19 Nov 2008
In reply to Garbh Coire: No mention of White goods in the Crags section ether ?

UK crags just mean Scotish does it?

good to hear the series is going well though I really should try and make it up there for one of them.

Maybe I too could battle with my own demons and disapoint myself.
 magpie 19 Nov 2008
> (In reply to Burnsie)
>
> Good pic of you on that site Burnsie, you have to register to see it I think.

You don't, if you just go into the pictures section and search for dry tooling or ratho they come up
In reply to mux:

You should try & come up for one of them if not two as they're on consecutive weekends from the 29th. There is a really friendly atmosphere & the competitors range from the total novice thro to the Toolin Gods! The next comp at Extreme dream in Aviemore is historically quite entertaining so might be a good one to try for.

Bill
In reply to magpie:

I notice there wasn't any pics of you tho! You forget?
 magpie 19 Nov 2008
In reply to Bill Davidson: No, I have man flu :drama:
 mux 19 Nov 2008
In reply to Bill Davidson: I watched last years at Extreme dream, I was pooped from a day on the hill the day before so didnt enter. Regreted it all day though as it did look like a laugh.

Shame Its just that bit too far, cant justify the drive to climb indoors. Maybe I have commitment issues.

Ramon Marin 19 Nov 2008

Are all the comps on top-rope? Is that how DT comps work normally or it's just in the scottish series? Curious to know.

cheers
 mux 19 Nov 2008
In reply to ramon marin martinez: hey Ramon how are you ?

I think they are top roped up until the final, then they deem you ok for the lead.

I guess lots of people potentially falling off with axes all over the place is bad!

In reply to ramon marin martinez:

Good question Ramon! The comps at Ratho (past) & Glenmore (6th Dec) are on top rope as they're all routes, at Glenmore you need crampons as well as they're on their granite towers outside. At Dundee, Extreme Dream & the Ice Factor the qualifiers are a mixture of routes (top-rope) & boulder problems. If you're then unlucky enuff to qualify for the semi's or final then you are on the lead I believe there is also an Ice Speed Climb comp (separate) at the Ice Factor, so crampons/fruit boots needed there.
Hope this helps. You going to try one?
 lyons 19 Nov 2008
Fruit boots heh heh.....sorry first time Ive heard that one
In reply to lyons:

A very apt description I'm afraid! Look very good on I think you would have liked the Ratho Comp.
 Erik B 19 Nov 2008
In reply to Burnsie: good on you for pointing out the truth mate, and good effort to you and andy for a superb performance!

Ramon Marin 19 Nov 2008
In reply to mux:

Doing good mate. It'll be a while till we get back up to White Goods, been busy at chalk. We have a monster route now thanks to Rob. Not that I can climb it, but good fun to try the moves. You should come down one of these days.
 Ramon Marin 19 Nov 2008

That makes a lot of sense, specially if they want to attract all sorts of public. I'm afraid fro us southerners is a bit of an epic to get there for the comps. Maybe we should get out sh*t together an organize comps down south, I reckon they would be quite successful. Then we can do south vs. north for a laugh ;0
In reply to ramon marin martinez:

I think Nick Smith was looking to try & get some walls to get tooling areas or similar. Maybe having one of comps, like ours would be a good start. We'd tan yer soft southern asses
 lyons 21 Nov 2008
have you got a pair?
Ratho was good then? good gonna go to the Glenmore lodge one.
Should be a good laff!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...