UKC

ANDY KIRKPATRICK - LONDON Tues 16th December

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Rebecca Varley 23 Nov 2008
premier post photo
If you've not managed to catch Andy on his tour, he will be adding an extra date at the end at Imperial College London South Kensington Campus.

In 'When Hell Freezes Over' Andy focuses on his expeditions to Patagonia giving a real insight into what it takes to go on a major expedition, facing 100 mph winds, sub-zero temperatures and the very real possibility of spending a whole week in a snow-hole with Ian Parnell...

Very funny and not all that politically correct - as The Highland News put it "never has trying not to die on a mountain seemed such a good laugh."

When: Tuesday 16th December at 7 pm

Where: G16 in the Sir Alexander Fleming building on the Imperial College South Kensington Campus. For a map please visit http://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/contact-us/map,165,ICUAP.html

Tickets: The event is being hosted by the ICU Exploration Club.
Tickets are £10 for non-members; £7.50 for club-members. To buy tickets online, please visit https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/exploration-91/category.html You will need to register with the site to buy tickets, but this only takes a minute. Tickets will also be available on the door.

Please note the talk contains strong language.
adderz 26 Nov 2008
In reply to rebecca varley:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i saw him a few weeks ago and would definitely see the same spiel again but its my office xmas party!!!!

arggggghhhhhhhhh i was going to bring a whole crowd down as well! fks sake

i'm sure it'll be a complete sell out, a must see for anyone - bring all you're mates, i did and they all loved it!
Rebecca Varley 26 Nov 2008
In reply to adderz: Personally I think office do's are totally over-rated - there'll just be lots of drunkeness and telling your boss what you really think about them - bring them all to see Andy - they'll have more fun and less regrets!
 Up High 27 Nov 2008
Hi Rebecca,
Has Andy given this show in London before at the RGS for Porters progress?
As I saw him there but can't recall which show it was, although its worth seeing him again just for the fun of it.
Rebecca Varley 27 Nov 2008
In reply to The shamen: Hi, no this is a new show in which he gives a step by step guide on how to go on a successful expedition (you need to be good at doing nothing a lot....) - its very funny though you won't get an insight into the best type of ice-axe to use on Torre Egger (but you also won't be bored!)
 inuklm 04 Dec 2008
I've just heard rumors that there will be mince pies! Will be a good evening!
Rebecca Varley 04 Dec 2008
In reply to inuklm: As long as Andy isn't making the pies should be great!
adderz 10 Dec 2008

> (In reply to adderz) Personally I think office do's are totally over-rated - there'll just be lots of drunkeness and telling your boss what you really think about them - bring them all to see Andy - they'll have more fun and less regrets! <

I can now go! been made redundant so they can shove the xmas party up their @rse! every cloud has a silver lining i guess!

lets just hope there are still tickets!
cheers
Rebecca Varley 11 Dec 2008
In reply to adderz:

Sorry to hear that - that's totally crap. There were still tickets left on Monday so should be fine. Hope he cheers you up,

Cheers

Rebecca

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...