UKC

NEWS: Leah Crane - Bus Stop V9

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 02 Dec 2008
Leah Crane has climbed Bus Stop (V9/Font 7c) on the Jerry's Roof boulder in the Llanberis Pass.

Read More (with video): http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 AlexM 02 Dec 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: "Conditions in the Pass were icy cold, stopping all but the die-hard climbers from venturing out on to the rock."

Well done to Gary Ryan on his first lead, also in the Pass on Sunday.
OP Jack Geldard 02 Dec 2008
In reply to camalins: Nice one Gary! I bet that was a finger numbing experience! Good stuff.

And great effort to Leah.

Jack
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: interesting that a 19 year old Brit climbing V9 is the news story currently next to a 19 year old American climbing V12. Is this a true indication of the difference in current top end bouldering?

Not having a go at Leah. Wish I could boulder that hard.
Removed User 02 Dec 2008
In reply to Richard Bradley: The news juxtaposition certainly makes interesting reading in light of the recent American invasion.

Adam Lincoln 02 Dec 2008
In reply to Richard Bradley:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC) interesting that a 19 year old Brit climbing V9 is the news story currently next to a 19 year old American climbing V12. Is this a true indication of the difference in current top end bouldering?
>
> Not having a go at Leah. Wish I could boulder that hard.

Apart from traverses, which Josune has done, 8b/v13 is the top end that a women has climbed. And even that is debatable as most think Pura Vida is 8a+/v12 now. Which means if it is, V12 is the top grade a women has climbed. And considering V9 isn't Leah's top grade, it doesn't sound as bad as your making out.
 Michael Ryan 02 Dec 2008
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC) interesting that a 19 year old Brit climbing V9 is the news story currently next to a 19 year old American climbing V12. Is this a true indication of the difference in current top end bouldering?
>
> Not having a go at Leah. Wish I could boulder that hard.

Want be long now Richard. There is a new optimism at the top end of climbing in the UK - and not necessarily by the top names.

Male or female - I think we will see some significant ascents in the next 12 months from the UK's up and comings.

In reply to Adam Lincoln: What is the top grade bouldered by a british woman?
 robin mueller 02 Dec 2008

V12 by Claire Murphy
http://tubeguide.tv/video/rock-climbing/climbers/claire-murphy

Though no British woman has climbed harder than V10 in the UK.
In reply to robin mueller: Does that back up the talk of british gradings being 'hard'?
Serpico 02 Dec 2008
> (In reply to robin mueller) Does that back up the talk of british gradings being 'hard'?

No, it just means she's continued to push her grade since she emigrated several years ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...