UKC

Head torch suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 07 Dec 2008
My Petzl Myo XP has died, I think it is just a loose contact so may well be repairable. As generally when I need a headtorch I really need it to work and be reliable I'm tempted to replace it. What would you suggest I replace it with? Cost isn't really a problem but then I'm not planning on buying a Petzl Ultra I just want something reasonably bright and solidly built. Sitting nicely on a helmet would be a bonus as would be being well sealed and weather proof.
Cheers

Mike
 Kai 08 Dec 2008
In reply to Reach>Talent:

My favorite headlamp (and I've got headlamps from BD, Petzl and others) is the Mammut Lucido TX1

http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/1060326_v_305/Lucido+TX1.html

It is light, well built, and the LED spot is extremely bright. It really does have a 100 meter range, which is pretty amazing for a light this small and compact.
 ginger_lord 08 Dec 2008

Alpkit Gamma
 Lemony 08 Dec 2008
In reply to Reach>Talent: New Petzl Myo RXP looks good - it's basically a jazzed up, regulated version of the XP - but it's not out for another couple of weeks. The Princeton Tec Apex is extremely weatherproof and solid, plus it sits well on a helmet - it's a bit heavy though. Black Diamond Icon is nice too but i prefer regulated torches so I've got an Apex.
 d_b 08 Dec 2008

I have been doing quite well with a Tikka XP. I haven't managed to break it yet, and it still surprises me by being brighter than I expect.
ypy 08 Dec 2008
In reply to ginger_lord:
> (In reply to mkean)
>
> Alpkit Gamma

Seconded
 Wibble Wibble 08 Dec 2008
In reply to ypy:

Alpkit gamma - Excellent value for money, but a narrow beam (a bit disconcerting running with it) and can't use rechargables.
 nealh 08 Dec 2008
In reply to Reach>Talent: if your torch is less than three years old it may be covered by the Petzl garantee if so return it to your shop and they will take it up with Lyon Equipment (the distributors)
 Little Brew 08 Dec 2008
In reply to Reach>Talent: keep looking at the Myo lite 3 for the bloke, he has no head torch and steals my Tikka + or my original alpkit one!

I like the Myo as it has LED and standard bulb.

Jess.x

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...