UKC

Revolution in America by 2012?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 09 Dec 2008
And lest you think it is just Clarkson saying this kind of stuff, and he's a moron etc. here's some stuff by Gerald Celente, renowned for his accuracy in forecasting (see the full articles for his predictions come true).

"If Nostradamus were alive today, he'd have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente."- New York Post

Commodity Online
http://www.commodityonline.com/news/Revolution-food-riots-in-America-by-201...

The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

AND

The prospect of revolution was a concept echoed by a British Ministry of Defence report last year, which predicted that within 30 years, ... "The middle classes could become a revolutionary class."

In a separate recent interview, Celente went further on the subject of revolution in America."There will be a revolution in this country," he said. "It's not going to come yet, but it's going to come down the line and we're going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen."

AND

So there you have it - hardly a nutjob conspiracy theorist blowhard now is he? The price of not heeding his warnings will be far greater than the cost of preparing for the future now.
johnj 09 Dec 2008
In reply to stp: So when the shit goes down do you have a plan for the future?
 JamieA 09 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

Who's first against the wall?

Will it be televised?
 Postmanpat 09 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

They never publicise the ones they got wrong .Funny that.

http://www.edrants.com/gerald-celente-futurist-fraud/
OP stp 09 Dec 2008
In reply to johnj:

No. Ideally I'd get of the city and somewhere where there's some reasonable land for growing stuff on. But unfortunately because of personal circumstances I'm stuck here for the moment.

I'm involved with Transition Towns stuff which is great in theory but after reading this article and the one from Clarkson I beginning to wonder if there's time for such ideas to catch on.
 Dave C 09 Dec 2008
In reply to Postmanpat:
> (In reply to stp)
>
> They never publicise the ones they got wrong .

Beat me to it. If you make enough "predicitons" you'er bound to get the odd one or two right.

Removed User 09 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
> (In reply to johnj)
>
> I'm involved with Transition Towns stuff which is great in theory but after reading this article and the one from Clarkson I beginning to wonder if there's time for such ideas to catch on.

You really shouldn't take Jeremy too seriously you know. What do you think of his views on global warming by the way.

Won't the English countryside get a bit crowded when the masses realise that the end is nigh and they start to flee the cities? You'll need a lot of shotgun cartridges and a very big bag of crystal meth if you want to hold on to your allotment.
 MF2005 09 Dec 2008
In reply to Postmanpat:

Who exactly is this edward champion. Don't believe everything you hear on Fox, but don't believe everything a blogger who's chasing a hit count says either. Besides theres not a great deal of substance in the quotes in that article, certainly nothing to make me denounce him.
This prediction seems remarkably specific for a man who is "spouting generalist nonsense"

Not that I'm saying we should all run for the Anderson shelters, but I wouldn't be surprised if things hit the fan big style in the next few months, considering the state of play in America.
Good luck Barack!
 Banned User 77 09 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

If you care so much why do you spend so much time posting this trash on UKC rather than campaigning, why not enter politics, start research?

A guy I knew quit his job in the city and started a career to become a climate researcher, while I disagree with some of his views at least he was willing to put the hard work in rather than take the easy option. You know full well the impact you have doing this is minimal. You could do 100x more good for your course if you took other paths, but that would mean getting off your arse. Somehow I doubt you'll take such a path.
OP stp 09 Dec 2008
In reply to Postmanpat:

> They never publicise the ones they got wrong .Funny that.

I don't know about this guy but did you read the comments to that OP ED? It didn't seem so clear with quite a few disagreeing...

GC seems to be getting better with age his Trend Analysis was dead on for 2008 in fact it was so accurate he should be prosecuted for inside information its so dead on in fact one wonders how he did this

AND

I don’t see what purpose it serves to make fun of Celente, especially as nobody (including Edward) has yet been able to provide one single example of a major incorrect forecast by this extraordinarily perceptive individual.

AND

When I hear somebody forecasting -

“revolution in America, food riots, and tax rebellions. In four years, America will become an undeveloped nation. Holidays will be about food rather than gifts. ”

I dont see any place for “wiggle room” in those comments. Celente placed all his credibility on these statements and DID NOT leave any escape hatch.
 Postmanpat 09 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
> (In reply to Postmanpat)
>
> [...]
>
> I don't know about this guy but did you read the comments to that OP ED? It didn't seem so clear with quite a few disagreeing...
>
I'd need to see a demonstrably reliable list of all his major forecasts and their dates before being particularly impressed.And even then,it doesn't necessarily mean much.If enough people make enough forecasts then some are going to develop a decent track record-and no doubt make sure everyone hears about their successes.
However,like the coin that comes up heads nine times in a row,it doesn't change it's chances of being a head on the tenth throw,or of the forecaster of getting it right again.
 woolsack 09 Dec 2008
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to stp)
>
> If you care so much why do you spend so much time posting this trash on UKC rather than campaigning, why not enter politics, start research?
>
or make preparations?

OP stp 09 Dec 2008
In reply to Removed User:

> You really shouldn't take Jeremy too seriously you know.

I don't take him seriously because of who he is. It's more because firstly what he's saying agrees with a lot of other stuff I've read, and secondly his views appear to be formed by inside information from knowledgeable bankers. They've certainly seem to have made a big impression on him. I'm surprised he's allowed to write that stuff. Then his friends seem spooked too: they've already fled the city.

Why don't you take him seriously? Climate denial is understandable given his career. But what's his motive for this stuff?

Not too sure what Vauxhall would make of his review though (BTW did you read that one? Extraordinary!)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article5292547.ece...

> Won't the English countryside get a bit crowded when the masses realise that the end is nigh and they start to flee the cities?

You think everyone will flee the cities? Given the current state of awareness I personally think that is pretty unlikely and during a crisis people won't want to leave their homes. The police/army would probably set up road blocks anyway.
OP stp 09 Dec 2008
In reply to IainRUK:

> If you care so much why do you spend so much time posting this trash on UKC rather than campaigning, why not enter politics, start research?

I don't consider it trash. If you do why to you keep joining in these debates? I only contribute the threads I'm interested in.

As for campaigning I already said I am involved with Transition Towns, about the only initiative out there as far as I can see. We hope to be engaging the local council in the near future. And I've done a fair bit of research already.
 TobyA 09 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
> his views appear to be formed by inside information from knowledgeable bankers.

What exactly is a knowledgeable banker? At the moment it is some one who has just watched hundreds of his or her colleagues lose their jobs and go from being super wealthy to unemployed. It's hardly a surprise that they are a bit doomy and gloomy currently.

Anyone following the news know there are still other shoes to drop, the credit default swap disaster isn't finished yet according to the experts so expect other AIG situations, but economies contract massively and there is lots of human misery and some personal tragedy, but you don't go straight to Mad Max. Ask an Argentinian or a Russian.
KevinD 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

> GC seems to be getting better with age his Trend Analysis was dead on for 2008 in fact it was so accurate he should be prosecuted for inside information its so dead on in fact one wonders how he did this

looking at this one i cant say the accuracy is overwhelming

http://rense.com/general82/panic.htm

call me pedantic but i like my predictions to, well, predict. In this case that oil prices would fall again.

i am with the postie, a nice clear breakdown of his predictions and failures compared against some other trend analysts would be nice.
 Postmanpat 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
> (In reply to Eric9Points)
>
>
> and secondly his views appear to be formed by inside information from knowledgeable bankers.

What a lot of tosh.He's had a few beers with some of his old public school chums who went into the City.It's just his equivalent of what we do on here and there are plenty of people on here who work in the City or who have mates in the City.
There's no "inside information" there's just different analyses of the available information.

woolsack 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp: I think we can safely say the messenger is well and truly dead, what of the message?
What would a revolution look like today?
 Wibble Wibble 10 Dec 2008
In reply to woolsack:

> What would a revolution look like today?

Well, I bet it wouldn't be the green, organic, weave-your-own-yogurt revolution stp would like to see.

trevor simpson 10 Dec 2008
In reply to TobyA:

> Anyone following the news know there are still other shoes to drop, the credit default swap disaster isn't finished yet according to the experts so expect other AIG situations, but economies contract massively and there is lots of human misery and some personal tragedy, but you don't go straight to Mad Max. Ask an Argentinian or a Russian.

Sorry you're wrong.

All it takes is for one evil banker to hit the wrong button on his computer and all the infrastructure of the developed world will disintegrate at once. While this happens, nobody will do anything about it.
 Nevis-the-cat 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stop:

Read it. Agree with Toby - likely he had a few vodka Red Bulls with his banker mates.

Very selective- like claiming God exists because the word Allah appeared in a pomegranate
Anonymous 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

Of course the IMF predicted elements of the current crisis about 5 years ago. Just as they predicted problems with the asian economies amonst various other international and national economic woes. They also preicted quite accurately how those crises would play out (which didn't involve quite such apocalyptic outcomes).

I'd be suprised if there was a 'revolution' in the US within 5 years. Revolutions usually involve a transition between one system of government (and the dominant political community under that system) with an 'up and coming' new theory of the system of government. In the US at the moment there seems to be a particualrly high degree of civic support for existing democratic structures (see the particularly high turnout rates for the presidential election). There is also a complete absense of an identifiable counter-system gearing up ready to take over from the existing civic structures. I guess that's what he means with the emergence of a third party - but I'm not sure on what basis he feels demand for a third party arises.

There's a big difference between civil unrest - and perhaps even the downfall of a government - and revolution. The latter tends to require some pretty specific historical convergances. I personally can't see any evidence of a trend in this direction in the US.

As for the MoD shocka that the middle classes might become a revolutionary class. Well, duh. Scratch the surface of any significant change in political structures and you'll find that the vanguard tends to be drawn from that social class.
OP stp 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Postmanpat:

> And even then,it doesn't necessarily mean much.

I know what you mean. Predicting the future is always going to be an uncertain business and never provable. Simply stating predictions can change things: like when someone says "Look out, mind that glass".

My impression is that it's more like we've now entered a sea of holes and a wrong move could launch us into a very different reality. If we continue in the direction we're going then the holes are going to get bigger and closer together.

What we can be certain of is that we've got some pretty tough challenges ahead roughly in this order: the economy, food, energy, war and climate change/environment. I think it all starts with the economy and if we could sort that one out then we'd have a much better chance with the others.
OP stp 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Postmanpat:

> It's just his equivalent of what we do on here

No it's not. This guy's whole life is as a public figure, his statements are read far wider than those on here and saying the wrong thing entails a risk to his whole career. It's nothing like we do on here. Now you're talking tosh.

> and there are plenty of people on here who work in the City or who have mates in the City.

So why aren't they saying anything then? Why do we hear it from Clarkson and not them?
 Toby S 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

And this was on Fox news.... and Obama is about to take the reins?
 Postmanpat 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
>
>
> So why aren't they saying anything then? Why do we hear it from Clarkson and not them?

Maybe they don't agreee with JC's mates. Maybe they haven't had the requisite alcohol intake when they come on here.

Tall Clare 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
>

> [...]
>
> So why aren't they saying anything then? Why do we hear it from Clarkson and not them?

um... because Clarkson has a voice in the media?

what do you recommend that we as individuals do to help avert/slowdown the impending revolution?

In reply to Tall Clare:

> what do you recommend that we as individuals do to help avert/slowdown the impending revolution?

kill the poor

Tall Clare 10 Dec 2008
In reply to trevor simpson:

and use their body fat for heating oil?
In reply to Tall Clare:

I was think more a pre-emptive strike.

But maybe if their diet has improved recently thanks to Jamie Oliver and the smoking ban, they might be worth eating?

Tall Clare 10 Dec 2008

that's true - best get them whilst they're young and tender though.
In reply to Tall Clare:

> that's true - best get them whilst they're young and tender though.

It's a shame rickets has been eradicated, I reckon it would have been quite cool to have a curved peasant drumstick

OP stp 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Anonymous:

> There's a big difference between civil unrest - and perhaps even the downfall of a government - and revolution. The latter tends to require some pretty specific historical convergances. I personally can't see any evidence of a trend in this direction in the US.

I guess it depends on one's interpretation of 'revolution'. Some academics say late 60's America was a revolution in progress but one that failed. Then there's Argentina (one the IMF didn't see coming, in fact they held it up as a paragon of their policies just before it collapsed). Successive governments fell and workers, in some places took over factories. They controlled the means of production. Maybe not a revolution in your sense but a lot more than just civil unrest certainly. Perhaps that's what is more likely in the US.

Then there's the saying, "We're just 4 meals away from anarchy". That is four meal without food and and people start to get very angry. Don't know how true that is but I have witnessed the cops cutting food supplies from a protest camp though. That did result in a kind of micro rebellion and to my surprise the cops soon backed down.
OP stp 10 Dec 2008

> I reckon it would have been quite cool to have a curved peasant drumstick

Run away, run away. And once again the infantile mentality of some parts of UKC flees the debate, making silly little jokes before plunging it's head back safely in the sand.
Anglesey Pete 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp: If he is so good, where was his prediction of the Boxing Day Tsunami, the 9/11 attacks and who does he think will win Xfactor this week?
In reply to stp:

don't be like that, I was thinking of asking you round to my christmas party, I reckon you'd be a great laugh.

Then after the jelly and ice cream, you could save us all from the forthcoming apocalypse
 brieflyback 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

Why don't you get on a politics forum if you want your debates in monochrome? This place is about a mixture of ignorant and well-informed comment, coupled with the freedom to interject with a piss-take or two.

Bruce Hooker 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

Are you related to the famous motor oil of the same name?

I think we should be told!
Jon Hemlock 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
>
> Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.
>
Out of interest, where is this ^^ printed? Is it printed, because it's bloody nonsense.

'America will become an undeveloped nation'

??? As it's currently perhaps the most developed nation on the planet this is a bit of a stretch... In four years the US looks like Albania does it?

There's predicting things, and then there's talking rubbish. Riots very possibly, squatter rebellions (see riots?), tax revolts (lots of people do this already - it's called fraud), job marches highly likely. When you knock the wind of sensation out of these things you get to see the gubbins of them. All this stuff has happened before, and presenting it in this fashion is merely scaremongering. We could have done it here in the 70s but there was no t'interweb to whine on about it coming, it just happened, and we coped.
 brieflyback 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Jon Hemlock:
> (In reply to stp)
> [...]
> Out of interest, where is this ^^ printed? Is it printed, because it's bloody nonsense.
>
> 'America will become an undeveloped nation'
>
Three years until the US turns into Rwanda? Smacks to me of partly wishful thinking on the part of the author, and some of those who embrace his words so enthusiastically. There is a section of society which is begging for the apocalypse so that they can brag about "telling us so".
 ChrisJD 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

With UKC, you get the respect you deserve.
Removed User 10 Dec 2008
In reply to dissonance:
> (In reply to stp)
>
> [...]
>
> looking at this one i cant say the accuracy is overwhelming
>
> http://rense.com/general82/panic.htm
>

From the article: "On Friday, oil super-spiked nearly $11 to close above $138 a barrel and the Dow dumped nearly 400 points."

..and then: "Unless oil prices swiftly and dramatically decline, the American people will suffer the worst socioeconomic conditions in living history. Utility bills won't be paid, foreclosures will escalate, crime will dramatically increase tax revolts, gas riots, strikes and protests will ensue. Millions of elderly, those on fixed incomes and paycheck-to-paycheck people won't be able to heat their homes, fuel their autos or cover their expenses."

Oil prices have halved in a couple of months, so it sounds like the panic is over then.
Jon Hemlock 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
>
> [...]
>
> No it's not. This guy's whole life is as a public figure, his statements are read far wider than those on here and saying the wrong thing entails a risk to his whole career. It's nothing like we do on here. Now you're talking tosh.
>
Clarkson yes? Jeremy Clarkson? The same guy who prattles on about torque, BHP, and the car industry not catering for the wealthy who need a 6 litre V8? The same guy who has recently been in bother for his public commentary (Top Gear) about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes? The very same who annually releases DVDs full of engine growling and books about stuff he hates? More clout that the murmurings of your averagely-intelligent rock monkey? You're being kind.

Further, the home-counties boy who has got the inside-track on what's what in t'City from his school chums and listened to them when they 've all plummily said they're packing it in?

Run to the hills eh......
 Al Evans 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Dave C:
> [...]
>
> Beat me to it. If you make enough "predicitons" you'er bound to get the odd one or two right.

Even Nostradamus did that, or at least he did if you interpret it right!
 brieflyback 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Jon Hemlock:

He's from Yorkshire. Appalling Tyke-talk interview with Parky on TG will bear that out.

Otherwise an excellent rant.
 woolsack 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Removed User:
>
>
> Oil prices have halved in a couple of months, so it sounds like the panic is over then.

You'd be one of those running out after the receding tide collecting the fish stranded on the beach before a tsunami wouldn't you?
Removed User 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

Hang on a minute.

I'm not really supposed to take anything seriously that appears on a website hosted by someone with a haircut like this am I?

http://rense.com/demo1.htm
Jon Hemlock 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
>
>
> My impression is that it's more like we've now entered a sea of holes and a wrong move could launch us into a very different reality. If we continue in the direction we're going then the holes are going to get bigger and closer together.
>
Ps. I don't mean to be picking on your comments here but I spent a lot of time at uni on the end of a bong watching Yellow Submarine too.

Good scene the sea of holes one... # It's all too much #
Removed User 10 Dec 2008
In reply to woolsack:
> (In reply to Eric9Points)
> [...]
>
> You'd be one of those running out after the receding tide collecting the fish stranded on the beach before a tsunami wouldn't you?

a) Read my post carefully.
b) No, but neither would I be running wide eyed for the hills every time it got cloudy and the waves got a bit choppy.

Anonymous 10 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
> (In reply to Anonymous)
>
> [...]
>
> I guess it depends on one's interpretation of 'revolution'. Some academics say late 60's America was a revolution in progress but one that failed. Then there's Argentina (one the IMF didn't see coming, in fact they held it up as a paragon of their policies just before it collapsed). Successive governments fell and workers, in some places took over factories. They controlled the means of production. Maybe not a revolution in your sense but a lot more than just civil unrest certainly. Perhaps that's what is more likely in the US.

I would posit that 60s america was quite the opposite of revolution. It enfranchised significant parts of the population to ensure that revolution did not occur. Civic systems pretty much stayed the same and the same people benefitted from them, they just opened themselves up. IMHO less of a revolution that Britain in 1832 (IIRC).

Do you think there are similar environmental factors at play in the US today as in Argentina? (Do you mean the May Revolution in Argentina btw?)
OP stp 11 Dec 2008
In reply to Anonymous:

I was referring to the 1999 - 2002 crisis. And this is the kind of thing Celente seems to envisage. He says: a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches,. For your conception of 'revolution' he probably used the wrong word.
OP stp 11 Dec 2008
In reply to Martin76:

> This place is about a mixture of ignorant and well-informed comment, coupled with the freedom to interject with a piss-take or two.

So it's OK for people to make snide comments and take the piss out of me but I shouldn't reply back?

Maybe, you're right. I should probably just ignore them. But this is supposed to be the more serious forum is it not? It just seems like some people feel that have to say something even when they've got nothing to say. It's like they have a desperate need to get noticed but can't engage in serious issues.

But I guess this kind of stuff is pretty scary so a few jokes are needed to keep people sane maybe. I'll try to be more tolerant and accept that we're not all in the same head space.
OP stp 11 Dec 2008
In reply to Tall Clare:

> what do you recommend that we as individuals do to help avert/slowdown the impending revolution?

Well that of course assumes you won't be the revolutionary :^)

I don't know your personal circumstances but if you end up jobless, homeless or hungry you might end up wanting to overthrow the government yourself. Who knows?

I'm no expert on this but from a what I've read mental preparation is important. Naomi Klein says during shocks people become pliant and easily manipulated but that by understanding what is happening to them and understanding their situation you will be much better able to cope. Dmitri Orlov, a Russian who experienced the Russian 90s collapse says a similar thing. So by simply talking about this stuff and keeping yourself oriented you'll already be better off than most people.

On the practical side there is no shortage of advice out there. The most common thing seems to be stocking up on food. This seems pretty sound advice. Basically if you wait until the shelves start emptying you'll already be too late. Of course there might never be a food shortage in this country, but high inflation, lower wages, unemployment, rising food prices? Almost certainly.

http://www.postpeakliving.com/guide-to-post-peak-living/food
http://survivingpeakoil.com/

Finally you might want to consider getting involved in a Transition group if there's one near you: http://www.transitiontowns.org/
Anonymous 12 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
> (In reply to Anonymous)
>
> I was referring to the 1999 - 2002 crisis. And this is the kind of thing Celente seems to envisage. He says: a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches,. For your conception of 'revolution' he probably used the wrong word.

It's not MY concept of 'revolution.' It's the definition of 'revolution.' Your man is talking about civil unrest as I suggested earlier in the thread. In which case, given your man's definition, all that would be needed to cause revolution in the US would be a fair sized influenza pandemic or an innocent black man getting the sh*t kicked out of him by coppers in glorious technicolour.
Anonymous 12 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:
> (In reply to Tall Clare)
>
> [...]
>
> Well that of course assumes you won't be the revolutionary :^)
>
> I don't know your personal circumstances but if you end up jobless, homeless or hungry you might end up wanting to overthrow the government yourself. Who knows?
>
> I'm no expert on this but from a what I've read mental preparation is important. Naomi Klein says during shocks people become pliant and easily manipulated but that by understanding what is happening to them and understanding their situation you will be much better able to cope. Dmitri Orlov, a Russian who experienced the Russian 90s collapse says a similar thing. So by simply talking about this stuff and keeping yourself oriented you'll already be better off than most people.
>
> On the practical side there is no shortage of advice out there. The most common thing seems to be stocking up on food. This seems pretty sound advice. Basically if you wait until the shelves start emptying you'll already be too late. Of course there might never be a food shortage in this country, but high inflation, lower wages, unemployment, rising food prices? Almost certainly.
>
> http://www.postpeakliving.com/guide-to-post-peak-living/food
> http://survivingpeakoil.com/
>
> Finally you might want to consider getting involved in a Transition group if there's one near you: http://www.transitiontowns.org/

Y'see, historical precedent would suggest that becoming as rich and powerful as possible would be the best way to survive, and possibly benefit from, any given revolution. Even revolutionaries need bankrolling, especially if the means of production they've seized are worth nothing because of peak oil or whatnot. And if it really hits the fan, you can always live out your days on the French riviera.
 Bruce Hooker 12 Dec 2008
In reply to stp:

I think there'll be a second revolution in the USA when pigs can fly. As said above riots, killing and stealing left right and centre is not a revolution, it's just slightly worse than the day to day life in parts yankistan.
morphus 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Anonymous:
> (In reply to stp)
> [...]
>
> Y'see, historical precedent would suggest that becoming as rich and powerful as possible would be the best way to survive, and possibly benefit from, any given revolution. Even revolutionaries need bankrolling, especially if the means of production they've seized are worth nothing because of peak oil or whatnot. And if it really hits the fan, you can always live out your days on the French riviera.

hence the mess we're in now..

trevor simpson 12 Dec 2008
In reply to morphus:

> hence the mess we're in now..

the disaffected poor are generally quite stupid.

If they were in charge we'd be in more mess
 Nevis-the-cat 12 Dec 2008
In reply to morphus:

It is the same shit, differant flaovur.

The differance this time is that the US / USSR are not playing power games in Asia or with Israel.

and both Jenson and TVR are no longer here to go bust yet again.
Jon Hemlock 12 Dec 2008
> (In reply to morphus)
>
> [...]
>
> the disaffected poor are generally quite stupid.
>
> If they were in charge we'd be in more mess

Yeah it's about time someone hashed together some sort of Wealth to IQ graph...
morphus 12 Dec 2008
Jon Hemlock 12 Dec 2008
In reply to morphus:

Thanks!
Anonymous 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Jon Hemlock:
> (In reply to stp)
> [...]
> Clarkson yes? Jeremy Clarkson?
>
> Further, the home-counties boy who has got the inside-track on what's what in t'City from his school chums and listened to them when they 've all plummily said they're packing it in?

Clarkson from the Home counties? bugger off he's from south yorkshire

Anonymous 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Anonymous:

tickhill to be precise
Jon Hemlock 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Anonymous:

As mentioned at lunchtime yesterday....
morphus 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Jon Hemlock:
> (In reply to morphus)
>
> Thanks!

i thought you'd like it. if only we could get rid of the blacks, the world would be a richer place eh?

Jon Hemlock 12 Dec 2008
In reply to morphus:
> (In reply to Jon Hemlock)
> [...]
>
> i thought you'd like it. if only we could get rid of the blacks, the world would be a richer place eh?

Your sort sicken me.
morphus 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Jon Hemlock: i bet they do- i'm scrounging off your precious tax
 racodemisa 14 Dec 2008
In reply to IainRUK: Think globaly,act localy and respond personaly.Saw this written on a wall years ago in australia impressed me alot.Think about it and then do what you can in the context of your own life do not wait for others basicaly!
 racodemisa 14 Dec 2008
In reply to Removed User: The world wide demand for oil has declined due to growing financial crisis(eg-less demand for it from china as the demand for chinese goods have declined).The panic that exists is behind closed doors probaly.Why you ask?
Firstly the g20 i suspect are still trying to work out how to create a recession busting economic cycle that will A.leave the dollar intact.B keep oil at a stable price and C create enough money to create viable alternative energy to act as a buffer against what might be a prolonged oil shock.
Massive sweeping statements I know and it might all be part of an insane conspiracy theory-except unfortunately its not.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...