UKC

Travel costs to Lofoten Islands???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maleducado24 10 Dec 2008
Just wondering if anyone travelled to Lofoten Islands last year, in the months of July/ August - and if so, how they did it and guestimate price for the travel expenses, as I'm struggling to get a clear picture from the www (let alone, ferry routes!)...cheers jim
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 10 Dec 2008
In reply to maliducado24:

We few up last June - Mcr-Oslo-Bodo - £200 return (book early for best price), then c£30 Bodo-Svolvaer (one way, foot passenger).
Hope this helps

Chris
XXXX 10 Dec 2008
In reply to maliducado24:

I flew to Tromso and hired a car. The flights were reasonable but the hire car was extortion.

Flying from Svovlaer to Bodo was about £40 per person and took 20 minutes. It's much, much quicker than the ferry, much much more regular and an amazing experience.

UKC Forums 10 Dec 2008
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Rock Destinations - Rock climbing destinations Q&As. Interested in visiting a new rock climbing area? Having difficulties finding information? You are almost guaranteed that someone here will have been and can give you some pointers. It might be sun rock in Sardinia or sport routes in Switzerland. Where to stay, when to go, what routes to do.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 jwi 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Eric the Red: Flying in to Tromso sounds like a good idea. We did a Lofoten-Kvaloya combo this summer, and they are both really good. I think I even prefer Kvaloya a bit over Lofoten. Kvaloya got a bit steeper rock than Lofoten, and --up on Hollandaren-- higher quality granite (the best I ever climbed on actually).
 janne.ojanen 13 Dec 2008
In reply to maliducado24: One fantastic way to travel between Lofoten and Tromso is Hurtigruten. It takes about 20-22 hours but that route is spectacular.

You can take Hurtigruten from Svolvaer to Tromso and it is better than taking bus. With bus you need to schedule one night stand at Narvik which is not bad if you are for it.

If you want more information mail me. We did travel that trip with my girlfriend when going from Lofoten to Svalbard via Tromso.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...