UKC

PyB conville course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chiragshah5001 17 Dec 2008
Hey,

I keep apply to the Conville summer and winter course but keep failing to get on them, does anyone have any tips on when making the application?

I'm very keen on learning how to be safe on the mountain so can do routes safely without having an instructor. I climb french 6a's on close to all days, and spent summer in cham this year and did a mixed route up the aiguille de tour via table route and would like to do a lot more routes like that/more technical than that. Done lots of outdoors stuff like hiking and hill walking and throughly enjoy it.

Any suggestions welcome,
thank you
Chg
 pottsworth 18 Dec 2008
In reply to chiragshah5001:
I got a last minute place on one, so even if you get turned down, it might be worth getting onto them and asking them to keep you in mind for any spots.
I believe they tend to give priority to people who are going to be able to pass on the information to others, so if your a member of a uni club or similar make a point of that.
I think generally try to come across as positive as possible on your application
 innesmac 18 Dec 2008
YOu could just save up an get book onto another course? or if you want the best out of your money and time, hire out a guide for afew days,

Taba 20 Dec 2008
In reply to chiragshah5001:

Above poster mentioned the Uni club thing, this seemed quite important, most of the people I saw on the course were in Uni clubs, presumably it is the "passing it on" thing that they like about that.

I wasn't though, and what I basically said is that i'm pretty ambitious, just had a fairly full on first scottish winter season leading up to grade IV, and that I would be going to the alps and climbing ice and mixed routes whether I got on a course or not. I told them that it would be nice to have some instruction in relation to glacier travel etc at the start of my trip but whether I got on or not I would be climbing around Cham for a month in the summer, which was the truth.

Good luck.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...