UKC

Which Alpine Rucksack?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Mayers 27 Dec 2008
I am trying to decide which rucksack for short Alpine trips and have pretty much settled on the Deuter Guide 35+, has anyone got this sack or any advice on other makes?

Thanks in anticipation
 screenager 27 Dec 2008
In reply to David Mayers:
I bought the Mammut Ice 35 from Cotswold outdoors for £48, it is normally £100. It seems good but I haven't really got to test it out yet.
 Caralynh 27 Dec 2008

I've got the Osprey Mutant (38ltr) and it's great. Specifically designed for alpine adventures, so definitely worth a look
 Batcloud 27 Dec 2008

Got the Guide 35+, only used a few times so far but seems bombproof and is
very comfortable.

Probably not the lightest though?
 jas wood 27 Dec 2008
In reply to David Mayers: my grivel alpine-lite is as it says on the tin ! comfortable light big enough and had a beating so far and not showing signs of fatigue yet and 40ltr with extendable lid is really good.

http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/prodpage.asp?type=sub&sub=150081
has a few value bags on the site that may tickle your fancy !

In reply to David Mayers: I took the Marmot Eiger 45 into the Alps this Summer and it was probably overkill. It worked absolutely fine, but I ended up stripping it down to save weight, and I didn't need that much volume.

Next year I'm going to try a 35 litre lightweight pack.
merchant of menace 27 Dec 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: do it !
mine is great, i used to use the bigger one then bought a 35ltr slight difference on shoulder straps and way more comfy
 mr mills 27 Dec 2008

Bought a `Crux AK37` this summer for my Alpine trip and was not dissapointed, bit pricey though but worth the money, great for cragging as well.

mills.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...