UKC

Can you get "quickdraw sling middles" from anywhere?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Oswald 03 Jan 2009
When I bought my rack the quickdraws I bought were DMM prowires. I bought 12 quickdraws of 12cm each. However when I bought them I wasn't told to buy longer quickdraws than this and I have subsequently found they are too short for trad climbing.
Is there anywhere you can cheaply buy "quickdraw sling middles"?
James

P.s. I know you can use normal slings.
 Dan Lane 03 Jan 2009
In reply to james oswald:

Yes most outdoor shops sell them. If you are ever in hatersage i think outside have them in stock.

Dan
 Matt Schwarz 03 Jan 2009
In reply to james oswald: slings work better as they're multi use, a double up 60 or 1/4 120 come in handy especially on windy or mountainous routes.
 stubbed 03 Jan 2009
I got mine from needlesports. I think they had 3 different lengths at the time
 petestack 03 Jan 2009
In reply to Matt Schwarz:

Yep, 60cm is absolutely my favourite length (carried tripled, but frequently placed to use the full extension), followed by 30cm (which can still be carried doubled) if you need shorter ones! So I took my 10cm draws (from a mixed pack) apart to 'borrow' the krabs for longer ones, and am tempted to do the same for the 15cm (keeping just the 20cm as bought), and made up my new 30cm ones with O-rings to secure the rope-end krabs.

petellis 04 Jan 2009

I believe quickdraw slings are often reffered to as express slings although this may specifically refer to the Petzl type.

Try http://www.lakesclimber.com/dyneema-sling-with-retainer-p-6431.html?p=produ... OR http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/express-sling-3263686/

Although I don't know why I'm posting this since investing 2 minutes of your own time and <2% of your brain power would produce the same result....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...