UKC

BISHOP accomodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
666DENVER666 09 Jan 2003
Where to stay for a week or two, food etc etc. In April/May
 CragHead 09 Jan 2003
In reply to 666DENVER666:

Let me know what you have found (thinking of going to Bishop next year)
Clauso 09 Jan 2003

I'm sure that Mick Ryan would be happy to oblige.
666DENVER666 09 Jan 2003
In reply to DazMan:

He's already on my tick list!
 TN 09 Jan 2003

Theres a really cool pizza place in Bishop! There are quite a few motels/hotels on the main road - what sort of accomodation are you looking for?

Um, I think you might get a bit bored staying in Bishop for a fortnight, though.......
666DENVER666 09 Jan 2003
In reply to TN:

Won't be for a fortnihgt. see what there is tick them and leave type affair. try and get as many locations in as possible
 TN 09 Jan 2003

Make sure you take in Joshua Tree then...... It's amazing. (And Red Rocks, otherwise Mo will NEVER forgive you!!)
 Michael Ryan 09 Jan 2003
> Where to stay for a week or two, food etc etc. In April/May

A lovely time to visit especially as we are having a harsh winter.

The spring flowers will be beautiful.

I will of course give you a guided tour.

You want indoor accomodation?

Try:

http://www.tomsplaceresort.com/Homex.html

Nice cabins 20 miles north of Bishop.....but right next to some great bouldering (including my secret spot...Royston Vasey).

Otherwise motels and hotels: Camping at the BLM Pit is free (donations ...doller a night) or free in the Buttermilk. Weather will be good for camping then.

Mick
email me Denver, I'll help.

cornishben 09 Jan 2003
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:
>A lovely time to visit especially as we are having a harsh winter.

how harsh? am heading out for 3 weeks on the 1st feb. plan is Jtree,red rocks,bishop.. is it a bit cold up there??
 Michael Ryan 09 Jan 2003
In reply to cornishben:

Storming at the moment. Bring a warm sleeping bag.

It should be OK. These storms don't last long and it soon clears up.

The Buttermilk has taken a bashing but the Happy/Sad are usually fine as they are 8 miles from the Sierra Crest where the storms hover.

Mick
marcopantani 09 Jan 2003
In reply to 666DENVER666
had 3 months on the blm campsite in bishop,never bored once if you are get to hot springs(or creek)and nude it with a dozen bottles of sierra nevada pale ale(or big foot if its in season.

Adders 09 Jan 2003
In reply to mick: its a shame its going to be cold- i believe it wasnt so long ago you recommended a good sun tan for me.

Michael Ryan 09 Jan 2003
In reply to Adders:
> (In reply to mick) its a shame its going to be cold- i believe it wasnt so long ago you recommended a good sun tan for me.

When you cum Adders it will be perfect. I will personally guarantee it.

April/May is the best time for bouldering around Bishop. It will be warm, clear blue skys, lots of sun......snow in the mountains but the bouldering areas dry.

You *will* tan up nicely.

October/November is a similar time.

Mick

Clauso 09 Jan 2003
> (In reply to Adders)
> [...]
>
> When you cum Adders it will be perfect. I will personally guarantee it.

Steady on. She's young enough to be your daughter Mick. Go read that article that you pointed in my direction again.
666DENVER666 10 Jan 2003

I hope we meet

Best regards

Michael Ryan 10 Jan 2003
> (In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA)
>
> I hope we meet

I'll insist on it. I plan on taking you and Adders to a secret desert bouldering area in the shadow of the Sierra Nevada....rubbing you both down with natural aromatic sage oils and covering you both with wild flowers.

best regards,

Mick
666DENVER666 12 Jan 2003

Oh sounds enjoyable...before or after i burn you off?
 Michael Ryan 12 Jan 2003

I'll be ready Denver.....

Concentrate on your pocket strength.

M
666DENVER666 12 Jan 2003

I am a beast on Pex pockets does that count?
 Michael Ryan 12 Jan 2003

cut my teeth....and fingers....on Pex pockets.......Me

M

666DENVER666 12 Jan 2003

Bullshit you climbed at pex! climbing at Pex makes you strong with good technique.

Anyway you Cant cut your tips on pex pockets they're all slopey
 Michael Ryan 12 Jan 2003

I climbed at Pex with Pete Chadwick, Steve Boote, Lew Brown, the Healey sisters and many others in the early 80's when I was at Liverpool Poly for 4 years.

That was the "pre-comfortized pocket" Pex.

Mick
OP Pete Chadwick 12 Jan 2003
Mick R
I dont remember anything being comfortised at Pex last time I looked it was all natural, what we got up to after climbing in the 80's was a bit synthesised as I remember.
 Michael Ryan 12 Jan 2003
In reply to Pete Chadwick:
> Mick R
> I dont remember anything being comfortised at Pex last time I looked it was all natural, what we got up to after climbing in the 80's was a bit synthesised as I remember.

Wear and tear Pete........years of sweaty digits eroding the Mersey grit...

Glad you got home safely.

Mick

666DENVER666 13 Jan 2003

Pre comfortized Pah!! You were just a wuss.

Spread the word of Pex around the world...just dont tell them where it is, Couldnt bear Yank power heckling boulderers dessicrating the hallowed orange walls!
Mia 16 Jan 2003
The cheapest and most fun is to camp out. Excellent places to pitch a tent on public lands. The hot springs in the area are supurb!! When the climbing gets old in Bishop there are many fun and classic long trad routes in the high sierras.
innes 16 Jan 2003
In reply to Mia:

Bishop does sound like a very nice place. Anyone know any web links where I can read all about it and look at pictures of it?
 Anni 21 Jan 2003

Will probably be there first 2 weeks in April as well if you fancy some climbin.

Anni
denver elsewhere 23 Jan 2003
In reply to Anni:

Well Trad VS you sound like a reet punter but you sound agreeable enough. Unfortunately i shalln't be going this time. But hey Theres always other places...like Pex Hill to satisfy me i guess.
 Anni 27 Jan 2003
In reply to denver elsewhere:

Punter? Cheers! Havnt climbed long & only ever lead 6 routes (2 of which VS) so I rekon Im not doin too badly! You sound like a very cheeky chappie, lotsa fun tho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...