UKC

indoor climbing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ark05 04 Feb 2009
when i climb indoor i tend to do a mix of bouldering, traversing and sport. i normally start traversing to warm up, then go for a boulder and by the time i get to the sport routs my fingers are dead so i climb well below my grade.

what order does everyone else do it in? would it be best to start on sport?
 mux 04 Feb 2009
In reply to adamki: Do different sessions.

leading one day then boulder on another.

ianslade 04 Feb 2009
In reply to adamki: I tend to warm up and strech, then climb sport (trying to push my grade, then some easy sport, go for a cup of tea and finaly mess about on the bouldering wall
 escalator 04 Feb 2009
In reply to adamki:

i do it in this order, climb first, then climb, and climb some more. i tried bouldering once a long time ago, it might have changed in the last forty years or so, so maybe i should try it again to see if it has got any better.
 niggle 04 Feb 2009
In reply to escalator:

Maybe not wear the tweeds and nailed boots, eh?

Phil Lyon 04 Feb 2009
In reply to niggle:

I tend to go and then stand around for a bit. have a brew. think about climbing, talk about climbing. warm up while thinking up excuses as to why I might not be as good as expected (slightly sprained finger, just getting over cold, goldfish died etc.)

then get tired quickly and drive home with aching bits, whilst assuring myself that it's nothing like proper outdoor climbing.
 escalator 04 Feb 2009
In reply to niggle:
> (In reply to escalator)
>
> Maybe not wear the tweeds and nailed boots, eh?

oh, if only you knew the reality of what you wrote.

Liam Copley 06 Feb 2009
In reply to adamki: boulder, boulder, boulder.

"how can you train if you don't know what your training for"

And indoor climbing, I mean, C'mon, it is jsut training.
 chris gooder 06 Feb 2009
In reply to adamki: Liam is right, indoor climbing is only training,its training for the real thing outside.If you like bouldering then boulder,but if sport or trad is your thing then lead.Do what you want to improve at.
 James Oswald 06 Feb 2009
In reply to adamki:
Split it - boulder one day and lead another.
However I tend to find bouldering and traversing a much quicker way to warm up than leading.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...