UKC

what can you do in NW Germany?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rachel 16 Jan 2003
Does anyone know what there is climbing-wise in the North West of Germany? I'm based just north of Dusseldorf for the next six months, the whole area is as flat as a pancake but there has to be at least a climbing wall within a drivable distance if not some proper rock. Help!!
Marco Colombo 16 Jan 2003
In reply to rachel:
Hello Rachel
You are going to have to drive a little probably. check out Niddegen in the Nordeifel (access issues but I think partialy open). A bit of a drive VERY worth it is the südphalz (by Permisans/Kaiserslautern) sandstone towers and faces. lots of routes lots of gear routes and cheap camping at the Bärenbrunnerhof with gasthaus and climbing shop . Berdorf by Echternach in Luxembourg is a super sport crag used to be crowded but now requiers a permit. Freyr in Belgum for 90 meter long sport climbing. Gerolstein in the Eifel.
ya gotta drive. (I´m American so I´m used to it.)
I live in mid western Germany by Trier.
contact me if you like
colombo_m@hotmail.com
OP Mike H 16 Jan 2003
In reply to Marco Colombo: I remember climbing in Niddegen and thinking it wasn't too bad.

Saying that is was about 9-10 years ago, and I was only just getting in to climbing at that point.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the place, as I always fancied popping back.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...