UKC

COMP: A Grand Day Out 16: King Kong

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 18 Mar 2009
[Rob looks up at King Kong, 2 kb]Yet another fine E1 you've got me to fall off." Wintours Leap takes the breath away and is so utterly deserted, huge, quiet and beautiful. The River Wye on its last legs before it meets the Severn estuary is tidal and gently meanders in loops through a huge gorge leaving glistening mud then woods at its edges, and then brilliant climbing cliffs. The tide is out which is great as that means it will be coming in through the day – no idea why this pleases me but probably I have some subconscious idea that if I fall off King Kong and the tide's in I will be saved. Or maybe it's being a Pisces."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1684

_________________________________________________________________________________________

THE LYON EQUIPMENT COMPETITION A Grand Day Out is another creative competition and a chance to express yourself and share your adventures. As usual there are great prizes to win.

Full details at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1606

This competition is closed. The remaining entries, all 34, will be published between now and the end of March with the winners announced in early April.
 petestack 18 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

This one 'around' 500 words too, then?

Not knocking it, BTW. Haven't read it yet, and sure I'll enjoy it when I do. But surely three times the specified length is pushing the definition of 'around' when it's really so much harder to get things across and make an impact with so few words to play with?
 Michael Ryan 18 Mar 2009
In reply to petestack:

Thanks Pete.

You are correct, this is too long to be a contender for the prizes, but is published anyway.

17 more to be published by the end of March: 2 sometimes 3 a day.

Mick
 lithos 18 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

i enjoyed it muchly. esp as ive looked at that and been put off by polish so far !
 andyinglis 19 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: Disappointing, I thought from the title it was going to be about King Kong on Carn Dearg! Oh well.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...