UKC

NEWS: PHOTOS: Sunscreen and Sun Glasses: Malham, Lakes, Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Mar 2009
[Barry Rawlinson Chiselling the Dragon under the mid afternoon sun.., 2 kb]Hopefully over the weekend and into next week it will be sunscreen and sunglasses, however looking at all the forecasts there will be some rain and even wintery showers up north. Grab it while you can. The rock is dry and warm over most of the UK at the moment. Check the forums for eye-witness reports.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46569
 UKB Shark 20 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Malham conditions will be too hot for most of the day. Shaded and exposed crags might be a better bet for a full day out.
In reply to Simon Lee:

That, or it'll be too flipping busy to climb.
 Michael Ryan 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Simon Lee:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
>
> Malham conditions will be too hot for most of the day. Shaded and exposed crags might be a better bet for a full day out.

Simon Lee will be at Malham on Saturday. Do not disturb.

Andy Farnell 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Which is why I'm planning to get to the crag for 9.30 to get some cool conditions before the crag melts!

Andy F
 Only a hill 20 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Busy at Polldubh today--very hot in the sun--and the midgies were out!

Summer's here, folks (let's hope this isn't all the summer we're getting this year).
 UKB Shark 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:Simon Lee will be at Malham on Saturday. Do not disturb

I'm a protectd species donchaknow. The BMC will be putting up a sign under Austrian Oak tomorrow. You can listen out for my distinctive cry or watch me swoop if you like.
 UKB Shark 20 Mar 2009
In reply to S i'm on & on:

Its going to be rammed. I've had texts and emails from 3 interested parties this afternoon.
Serpico 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Simon Lee:
From previous experience the combined capacity of the catwalk and upper right area is 70 PAX, so get there early to secure a place in the queue for Consenting.
I'll be spending my Saturday in a cave by the seaside.
 Simon Caldwell 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Only a hill:
> the midgies were out!

Excellent news, that means they'll all die when it snows again next week
 Only a hill 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Toreador:
Bracken shoots were starting to come up as well! Crazy stuff
 Enty 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to Simon Lee)
> From previous experience the combined capacity of the catwalk and upper right area is 70 PAX, so get there early to secure a place in the queue for Consenting.
> I'll be spending my Saturday in a cave by the seaside.

Eye, the polish on Consenting will get buffed up a bit more and I bet the best E4 in Yorkshire doesn't get an ascent.

Enty

Serpico 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Enty:
> (In reply to Serpico)
> [...]
>
> Eye, the polish on Consenting will get buffed up a bit more and I bet the best E4 in Yorkshire doesn't get an ascent.
>
> Enty

The wings are more popular than you might imagine.
Nobody under 40 climbs E4 on Limestone these days though.
 Tyler 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Serpico:

Does Conceptual count as the wings or are we talking about that distant crag I often gaze up at?
 mark catcher 20 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: Climbed there friday from 10-2.30, and had the place to ourselves. Ace!
 Michael Ryan 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Enty:
> (In reply to Serpico)
> [...]
>
> Eye, the polish on Consenting will get buffed up a bit more and I bet the best E4 in Yorkshire doesn't get an ascent.

Did Consenting last year, no more polished than when I did the first ascent.

Quit your whining.

Just climb, she said.

In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Any body know the state of Gordale? Specifically supercool?
 Enty 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I've been out today Mick - more characterless French gridbolts

Enty
 Michael Ryan 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Enty:

Little Chamonix and Eve on Wednesday, nameless sport stuff tomorrow, psyched for both.
 Ram MkiV 21 Mar 2009
In reply to north country boy: was on it today - totally dry!
 kevin stephens 21 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

rather foggy at Gogarth this morning.......
 Lh88 22 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Great conditions in the eastern Grit Quarries this weekend, cool and sunny. More of the same please!
 Michael Ryan 22 Mar 2009
In reply to luketheape:

Ditto where I was, Yorkshire then South Lakes. Just had a spot of rain in Ambleside.
 TobyA 22 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Sunny all day in Helsinki, but cool. Didn't get above freezing until midday after -10 last night. Got out early, soloed six ice routes at two different crags and was still home for lunch.
In reply to UKC News: very windy and cold at malham today. but at least it didnt rain....Unless your counting the beer cans thrown off the top of the cove by some complete tosspots.

Cheers
Tim
 UKB Shark 22 Mar 2009
In reply to tbertenshaw:beer cans thrown off the top of the cove by some complete tosspots.

Quite apt re. the olde english definition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...