UKC

Vibram Fivefingers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mr_Yeti 30 Mar 2009
Did anyone see thease at the Outdoors show?

http://www.fivefingers.co.uk/

Initally i thought they where gross and wierd but tried some on and really liked them. The more i think about them the more i like them.

However i can't justify the £100 price tag. Anyone know where i can get the KSO's for cheaper?

Mr_Yeti 30 Mar 2009
In reply to Mr_Yeti:

Sorry Mod's, Just realised i have set this up in the wrong forum. Possibly should have been in Gear.

Ta
 Swig 30 Mar 2009
In reply to Mr_Yeti:

Naked ape in sheffield sell them. I'm sure they don't cost 100 quid. They've got a website I think.
 riddle 30 Mar 2009
In reply to Mr_Yeti: I have a pair, they are superb for running in, only on grass and through the forest! I have tried them for climbing, they are good on slabs and all but the smallest of edges.
 nufkin 30 Mar 2009
In reply to riddle:
> (In reply to Mr_Yeti) I have a pair, they are superb for running in, only on grass and through the forest! I have tried them for climbing, they are good on slabs and all but the smallest of edges.

How did you go with the sizing? They look like they'd benefit from being worn on the snug side - I'm curious 'cos I quite fancy a pair too.
sankster 30 Mar 2009
In reply to Mr_Yeti:
I brought a pair at the outdoor show for £75, usually £90. They need to fit snug, they look weird but are supposed to be good for you, as you begin to use muscles in your feet and ankle that aren't normally used. I was told that people run in them (people have run marathons in them) but I can't believe that that's not bad for your knees. I saw somone using them at the climbing wall too, it must give you strong toes! Pretty cool though, and they'll replace them if they start to fall apart withn two years.
find them on www.primallifestyle.com
Be prepared for weird looks though!
 riddle 31 Mar 2009
In reply to Mr_Yeti: I agree they need to be snug, although there is a Sprint version with an over the foot strap.
They do look great when you are climbing in them, especially when you get to wrap your toes round a hold!!
sankster 04 Apr 2009
In reply to Mr_Yeti:
Tried climbing in mine yesterday and did not like it! I think cos they're not so tight and firm as my rock shoes. I might persevere though, as most people seem to like climbing in them!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...