UKC

Climbing Holds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TwSpanner 02 Apr 2009
Hi all,
Toying with the idea of building a small training wall. I plan to make some holds myself but would like to buy a few holds to get me started. Checked out Ebay and a few manufacturers but holds seem to be very expensive for what is basically a blob of resin. Can anyone point me in the direction of some reasonably priced holds. My wall will be overhanging so I'm looking for a nice set of jugs to swing from. Cheers.
 tobykeep 03 Apr 2009
In reply to TwSpanner:

Hi, I've got some King Kong holds for sale. Slightly random selection, some jugs, some smaller jugs and some footholds. They've had very light use. There are about 22 for sale and I'm after £35 +postage (which would be about £10 I should think) or you could pick them up from Llanberis if you come up this way any time. Let me know if you'd like to see some photos (although probably won't actually get a chance to photograph them for a couple of days).

Toby
OP TwSpanner 03 Apr 2009
In reply to tobykeep:
Thanks, very interested. Will wait for the photo's and let you know.

Jason
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 03 Apr 2009
In reply to TwSpanner: I get mine from Awesome walls in Liverpool second hand at a £1 a pop, yes thats right, a pound each!

They are second hand and have had a bit of use but for the relative amount of extra wear you will get out of them they are fine if you wash them to remove the chalky-rubbery build up.
 brieflyback 03 Apr 2009
In reply to TwSpanner:

You should be able to get a decent deal on ebay if you are prepared to hang around a bit and swoop when necessary. I got a set of about 70 for less than £1 a hold (although a dozen or so of them were jib footholds, so that's slightly deceiving).
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 03 Apr 2009
In reply to TwSpanner:

As afurther note, this is only worth it for the larger holds, since you can get small screw/bolt on holds from beaconclimbing new for the same price, and the smaller holds seems to be more polished sooner.
 escalator 03 Apr 2009
In reply to jamface:
> (In reply to TwSpanner) I get mine from Awesome walls in Liverpool second hand at a £1 a pop, yes thats right, a pound each!
>
> ...are fine if you wash them to remove the chalky-rubbery build up.

Someone the other day mentioned putting them in the dishwasher, I'd never thought of that, so the next time it will be on a pot and pans cycle.

Friend of mine stripped his motorbike engine down, and put it in the dishwasher, no matter what he washed afterwards tasted oily. His standby dishwasher was not impressed!
 tobykeep 03 Apr 2009
In reply to TwSpanner:

Cool, really sorry, but moving house this weekend, so will not get a chance to sort this until Sunday at the earliest, but will send them when I can.

Thanks, toby
mountainsheep 03 Apr 2009
In reply to TwSpanner: how often do people actually use their home walls? and is the price actually worth it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...