UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Climb Magazine May 2009 Preview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 08 Apr 2009
[Front Cover - May , 5 kb]Check out what's in the May issue of Climb Magazine. You can subscribe online at www.climbmagazine.com or pick up a copy at your newsagents or at your local climbing shop. We've also got a digital teaser of the magazine this month at www.climbmagazine.com

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1795
 Tyler 08 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

Is it me or does Climb seem to be getting better?
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to UKC Articles)
>
> Is it me or does Climb seem to be getting better?

Yep, particularly Mountain Info (who has always been excellent, but this month is particularly good!)

Tyler 15 Apr 2009
In reply to Luca Signorelli:

I did read your contribution Luca and did think it was excellent, good photo top as well.

My enduring criticism of Climb is their problem page which are mini guides to bouldering. This month was Widdop lakeside boulders, one of the most well known bouldering areas in Yorkshire (it actually mentions that there is a lot of less well documented bouldering nearby but does not give any details!) and next month its Stanage Plantation!! As if anyone who has the vaguest interest in bouldering doesn't already know about Stanage flippin' Plantation
In reply to Tyler:
Hi Tyler
With regards to your comments - whilst I know that many climbers know both the Widdop Boulders and The Stanage Plantation, there are plenty that don't and I try to cater for everyone, no easy task I'm sure you will agree?

The problem page is about celebrating bouldering and pointing peple in the right direction for information, etc. And this does mean covering a whole host of venues from well documented areas to not so well known ones. For example there will be a feature on the lesser known bouldering in the Widdop area at some stage in the future which is why I mentioned it in the article.

I'm on my way to Scotland in the next month or so to check out areas there and hopefully point people in the right direction to areas they may have not visited before but maybe inspired to visit after reading about them.

If you have any suggestions to areas you would like to see featured then feel free to let me or the magazine know. I'm always open to visiting new areas.

Regards

David
Fat Elvis 15 Apr 2009
 Tyler 15 Apr 2009
In reply to David Simmonite:

Thanks for replying Dave although I would take issue with your view that there are plenty of people that don't know about the bouldering at Stanage Plantation, at least not anyone with an interest in bouldering.I guess what I want and what the majority of your readership would want are just out of kilter. Personally, I'd look to these articles to point me at areas less well known or documented but which are still good and worth a visit, even in the Peak there are new areas being discovered that could be included.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...