UKC

NEWSFLASH: Lucy Creamer - F8b+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Apr 2009
[Lucy Creamer on Kalea Borroka (F8b+), 1 kb]We have had a report that Lucy Creamer has climbed
Kalea Borroka (F8b+).

As far as we know this is the first F8b+ climbed by a British woman.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46882
 Andy Farnell 10 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News: Impressive!

Andy F
 nz Cragrat 10 Apr 2009
In reply to andy farnell:

she is catching up to kiwi Mayan Smith -Gobat then... damn the colonials
Serpico 10 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:
>
> As far as we know this is the first F8b+ climbed by a British woman.
>

Didn't Ruth Jenkins climb 8b+?
It was a long time ago, memory's not quite what it was...

carnie 10 Apr 2009
In reply to Serpico: I think she also climbed the B*****d at rubicon isn't that meant to be 8c? She definitely did Zeke but I think thats 'only' 8B!
 Jack Geldard 10 Apr 2009
In reply to Serpico: (This is idle internet speculation, I haven't yet checked these facts!!)

I think Ruth climbed Zeke the Freak (now F8a+/b due to breaking holds). I think Lucy's is the first F8b+. I could well be wrong - I usually am. I'll do a proper check for the full news item I'd like to get up next week.

Regardless, this is a great effort from Lucy and is super impressive and marks a highpoint of current British women's sport climbing.

Go Lucy!!

Jack
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

This is an awesome effort from Lucy who is obviously on fantastic form at the moment.

Great stuff!

Kevin
 Ian Parnell 10 Apr 2009
In reply to Kevin Avery - UKC: Well done Lucy for sticking with it. Brilliant effort
In reply to UKC News:
Think that Zeke is meant to be more like 8b/plus due to holds breaking, dirty hard. Nothing to do with Lucy leading the way though.
broughton power 10 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News: Awesome effort by Lucy.
Used to see Ruth alot at rubicon many moons ago she climbed Zeke which was 8b at the time but never the Bastard which is prob 8c+.
In reply to broughton power:

She did some new route near The Bastard which JW cleaned for her, IIRC. I suspect that is what the previous poster was remembering.

jcm
 UKB Shark 10 Apr 2009
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: She did some new route near The Bastard which JW cleaned for her, IIRC. I suspect that is what the previous poster was remembering.

That route was 'De Vine' 8a+ on Rhubarb Buttress opposite Chee Tor,

I'm sure Creamer doing an 8b+ is a first for the UK ladies.

In reply to Simon Lee:

Nowhere near The Bastard, in fact. Oh well.

jcm
john alcock at home 13 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Well done Loo. 9a by the time you're 50?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...