UKC

Zero G ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 13 Apr 2009
Has anybody used these ropes
http://www.zerogclimbing.com/equipment/53/G-String-8.5-50m-DT.htm
Just wonder how they compare to BEAL and MAMMUT.
Thanks
In reply to speedysi:

I haven't used the half ropes but I use the single ropes for all my group work and they seem to be hard wearing and do the job nicely. I see no reason why the halfs won't be as good.
 Petarghh 13 Apr 2009
In reply to speedysi: I've got a single that I use indoors, handles as nice as most other ropes I've used. would definitely reccommend for the price I got it for.
In reply to speedysi:

> Just wonder how they compare to BEAL and MAMMUT.

I've used my mates pair quite a lot. They do the job, but they arn't a patch on the Mammut, Beal, Edrilid ropes I've used.

I wouldn't consider them for winter climbing, but they're fine for trad.

sdavies141 13 Apr 2009
In reply to speedysi: sold loads of them in the shop I used to work in as they were cheap and i have had no complaints, I even have one i use double up for climbing on short routes! you should be able to pick a pair up for about £110
 Rydell 14 Apr 2009
In reply to speedysi:

I've used Beal, Mammut, Roca and currently using Zero G half Ropes - they are fine, handle well and dont kink. Dry treatment is ok for most situations. I've also used Zero G single ropes (mostly indoors) for ages.

Put simply they do the job!
 Monk 14 Apr 2009
In reply to speedysi:

I've used them a fair bit. They are pretty decent ropes but feel a bit stiffer than more expensive ropes. Not sure what you can say about them really, I've climbed for years on a wide variety of ropes and am still of the opinion that a rope is pretty much a rope, whoever made it.
 gethin_allen 14 Apr 2009
In reply to speedysi:
as far as quality goes they are as good as any others, the handle ok, possibly a touch soft, and they are a bit stretchier than others i've used.
 Glyn 15 Apr 2009
In reply to speedysi: Iv used a pair for the last couple of years. They are not too bad (for the price). But the sheath does fluff up easier than other ropes and they are not as hard wearing. When I come to buy another set of ropes I will probably go for beal or mammut.
 womblesi 15 Apr 2009
In reply to speedysi: I have had a couple. The sheath doesn't wear all that well and on the 50m I bought it Nora Battied in the middle. I use a mammut promo to train with now but these only last for about 8-9 months until they get to fat to use easily.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...