UKC

Youngest Brit to flash 8a?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby78 20 Apr 2009
The ever modest British Youth Champ Johnny Stocking has just returned from a successful trip to Spain with an 8a flash under his belt. He flashed the classic "Primera Linea" at Terradets. Perhaps the youngest Brit to flash a route of this grade?
 Fraser 20 Apr 2009
In reply to buzby78:

Effort! I'm not surprised though - he always looks streets ahead of others when I've seen him training.
 Tez29 20 Apr 2009
How old is he?
In reply to Tez29: According to 8a.nu he's 16 - I thought he was younger?

Microbeast!
OP buzby78 20 Apr 2009
In reply to buzby78: 16 years old!
 mgeek 20 Apr 2009
In reply to buzby78: Think Tom Bolger flashed or on-sighted 8a at 16. Heard he also head pointed access route at Auchinstarry!
 Ssshhh 20 Apr 2009
In reply to mgeek:

Amazing effort by Johnny, this definitely deserves more publicity, though I'm sure he doesn't care either way.

Strang wee nipper though he is I'm not sure he didn't pinkpoint Access Route...
 Al Evans 20 Apr 2009
In reply to buzby78: What F grade is Giggling crack?
OP buzby78 20 Apr 2009
In reply to Al Evans: Flippin' 8b I reckon!
 Wilf2 20 Apr 2009
In reply to buzby78: Amazing effort from a genuine and modest young man. Well done Johnny!
 akhughes 06 May 2009
In reply to buzby78: Quality effort, can't wait for him to fix all my ropes in Italy.
 Ram MkiV 06 May 2009
In reply to Al Evans: why do you ask? someone do it young? Pure speculation as I've neither tried gigglin crack nor flashed F8a but I'd say flashing Gigglin crack is a similar level of climbing achievement (albeit very different) to flashing a euro 8a....?

Brilliant effort by the way and refreshing to see some modesty from a young rope gun!
 Ram MkiV 06 May 2009
In reply to Steve Ramsden: thought it was worth some timeless gritlist quoting:

"A violent start gains the crack which widens disgustingly with height. Nearly ascended by Joe Brown in the 1700s until an untimely fit of mirth precipitated his downfall. Would probably still be mascerading as an E2 if he'd succeeded. Head-jam obligatory. I was going to give this a French grade until I realized the French just don't climb off-widths. "
 jon 06 May 2009
In reply to buzby78:

Never mind the youngest - who's the oldest to flash 8a?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...