UKC

Conville course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 22 Apr 2009
Anybody else got accepted? Im on on Sunday 28 June 2009. Anyone else?
OP dunnyg 23 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg: bump
 Tom Eagle 23 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg: Yes same here, heard yesterday. Not got round to organising anything yet though!
OP dunnyg 23 Apr 2009
In reply to Tom Eagle: Yeah. Havent paid or sorted out any flights or anything. You on the same dates?
 Aiden 23 Apr 2009
Hey,
I have got a place starting 8th July. Should be driving out there with a mate, who will be then heading on to a music festival. Anyone else need a lift.

Hopefully be leaving late June, having maybe a week in Font, then driving to the Alps (I have to point out that kayaks will be on the roof of my car for any boaters out there) or even to the World Wide Music festival in Montpellier (2-5 July).

Cheers
Aiden
 heist182 24 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg:
Got a place on the 15th July, but hoping to head out around 5th July. Is anyone driving out at this time with space in a car?
 DeanD 24 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg: any1 got a course starting on the 5th july.
 tdudley 24 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg: I'm on the 12th July course. I take it some of you guys are sticking around for a week or two afterwards to get some routes in? I'm also looking for a lift around the 10th if anyone has one going.
Gus Mayor 24 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg:

I'm on the 8th-10th July course, still thinking of the best course of action...

Train, Car, fly, can't decide....
 heist182 24 Apr 2009
In reply to Gus Mayor:
If I can't find a lift then I feel I might have to endure the coach - only £99 return and good luggage allowance. There's no way my kit would come under the plane baggage limit - ropes alone are 10kg.
 Jen80 24 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg:

I'm on the 21st June course - anyone else?
 Flicka 24 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg:

5th to 7th July for me!! Feck knows what I will do about logistics and getting there and stuff, but I'll make it happen somehow...
Can't believe I got accepted, was convinced I wouldn't be and only applied cos it was the last year I'm in the age range to do so.
Hurrah!!

OP dunnyg 25 Apr 2009
Anyone going to be around first of July onwards and fancy doing some routes (of any kind?)
 chammy2008 27 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg:

I'm on a course with PYB from 6-10 July and also looking in to transport. Is anybody looking at driving down the weekend of the 4th and 5th?
KirstyHH 28 Apr 2009
In reply to Jen80:
> (In reply to dunnyg)
>
> I'm on the 21st June course - anyone else?

Yes I am too. Just found out
 hmngarh 28 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg: Anyone on the 21st of June course thinking of climbing for a few extra days afterwards?
KirstyHH 28 Apr 2009
In reply to hmngarh: Yes hopefully
 danwaters 28 Apr 2009
In reply to dunnyg:

There's a couple of us from sheffield on the 5th to 7th course - haven't worked out how we're getting there yet...
 chiragshah5001 29 Apr 2009
i'm on the reserve list for second year running now
hopefully someone drops out, so I can get onto it. i'm gunno be around from 14th june to 28th june in cham, so defo up for some routes.
 Jen80 29 Apr 2009
In reply to KirstyHH: yay! I'm gonna be out there with a few mates as well more experience than me (not hard!) and we'll be out there for a few days after.
 Mr G 01 May 2009
I'm on the course starting the 1st july, I'm flying out on the 30th June... going to be the only one on the plane wearing enough layers to bivi at 4000m.

How are people getting from Geniva to the camp site?
 Aiden 01 May 2009
In reply to Mr G: see this maybe: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=351739

I will still be driving out i think. 20kg doesnt seem enough baggage allowance.
daddybug 05 May 2009
I'm on the Conville course 28th-30th june 2009. Thinking of taking my car from Glasgow. leaving around 24th/25th, coming back 2nd /3rd.
I may have some friends in, but get in touch, there may be a space.
lisaphysio 06 May 2009
In reply to dunnyg:
I'm on the course 8-10 July, keen to jump in on a car pool if anyone is heading out day or 2 before
Will be sticking around after the course definetly to do some routes and put into action all stuff learnt, so get in touch if anyone wants to meet up
Lisa
Gus Mayor 06 May 2009
In reply to lisaphysio:

Hey Lisa,

I sent you an email but wasn't signed in,

let me know
 Little AndyH 06 May 2009
In reply to KirstyHH:
Likewise, just need to pay for it and sort out flights now
 Little AndyH 06 May 2009
In reply to hmngarh: yeah definately, i think quite a few people will be doing that.
In reply to dunnyg:

I am on course 5th to 7th July for me if anyone is interested in putting the learnt skills into practise for a few days after?
 Aiden 08 May 2009
In reply to lisaphysio and Gus Mayor:
I have a change of plan so will possibly be driving out around weekend of 4th (earlier if possible) for course 8th to 10th. However, i need to head back about 12th to 14th for partners graduation (will be back to the alps later in the summer).

Based in Derbyshire. Let me know if you, or anyone else, needs a lift.
wcouch 08 May 2009
In reply to dunnyg: I got a place on a course 24-26th June, anyone else also on this course/heading out around this time?
 CGlennie 09 May 2009
Im there 15 to 17th of July, looks like were all there different times, but i likewise if anyone here is doing the course i am then im up for staying on afterwards for more practice?
 tomtom89 09 May 2009
I'm on the 28th-30th June. Hoping to go down a few days earlier and stay for a week or so after to get some routes done. If anyones driving down and has got a spare seat in the car i'd be happy to fill it!
 tomtom89 10 May 2009
In reply to dunnyg:
> Anyone going to be around first of July onwards and fancy doing some routes (of any kind?)

Yea i'll be up for doing some routes afterwards. I'm on the same course as u - 28th-30th June
In reply to dunnyg: Yes l am considering being around 7th-12th after Conville course (5-7th).
 PillarOfFrenzy 21 May 2009
In reply to tdudley:
I'm on the 12th - 14th July course and am planning on staying on after to climb some routes. Anyone looking for a partner for the 15th onwards?
wcouch 26 May 2009
In reply to dunnyg: i am planning on driving out on the evening of the 3rd of July for the start of the course on the 5-7th and probably heading back around the 20th July. Does anyone want to share fuel costs? I have at least one space avaliable. Please get in contact asap if you are interested as i am looking to book ferrys etc very soon.
 Cherry Bedford 29 May 2009
In reply to dunnyg: Hey, i'm on your course!
Should be good, how you getting out there?
 Guy Wilson 29 May 2009
In reply to dunnyg: HI All,

Just to let you know that I will be driving out in my van and have 3 places in it. I will be setting off from the North probably on the Sunday 28th afternoon (currently booked onto an 8am ferry on 29th) I am currently thinking about pushing this back a little (maybe sail on the Tuesday).

Drove up here with 3 friends and it worked out to be about £45-£50 each, obviously varies on how many come along.

I wont be coming back until the end of september but here is a one way opportunity!
OP dunnyg 29 May 2009
In reply to Cherry Bedford: Im getting a coach out from london. 99 for an open ended return and a massive baggage allowance. Not sure what date im head ing out, but probably 25th 26th. Havent booked it yet, but will be fairly soon. Cant wait!
Pi 02 Jun 2009
In reply to tdudley: i'm also on the 12-14th course and planning to stay for a week or so longer.
chamexpress 06 Jun 2009
12 airort transfers every day Geneva to/from Les Chosalets for the course. 25 Euros every seat. Check live availability online at www.chamexpress.com, book, and receive Instant Tickets to your email inbox.

See our Premier Post for more info!

Cheers.

Andrew
 Tom Eagle 08 Jun 2009
In reply to dunnyg: Erm, I'm being a bit disorganised on this, can anyone recommend any budget accomodation in the Argentiere area? - I don't really want to take a tent with me on the plane due to baggage allowances. Im on the course between 28-30th June and staying on til the next Saturday, so I'll be up for more climbing after the course.

Cheers Tom
 JCB42 12 Jun 2009
Hi

I'm going on the 8-10th for the Course, however I'll be heading out do some rock climbing beforehand on the 28th June Then alpine stuff from the course onwards till the 18th when I fly back.

I'll kinda be on my own from the 8th onwards, so if anybody doing the course or otherwise wants to do some routes after the 10th July, please get in touch.
Gus Mayor 12 Jun 2009
In reply to JCB42:

Hey JC,

I'll be on the 8th-10th course as well and hoping to do some routes afterwards...

I can't wait!

let me know you're plans and hopefully we can do something...

Ash
 Guy Wilson 16 Jun 2009
In reply to dunnyg: Still have 1 place left in my van leaving Sheffield on 30th June if anyone needs a lift. Arriving about 11pm in Chamonix on 30th June.

Be in touch.

Will work out at about £50 for fuel contribution.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...