UKC

Blacon Indoor Climbing Wall - Chester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ally Smith 24 Apr 2009

http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=612&t=wall

Anyone been?

I emailed the contact address a while back, but never had a reply.
 Darron 24 Apr 2009
In reply to ally smith:

Hasn't it moved to Wrexham?
 JasonV 24 Apr 2009
In reply to Darron: I think the one that was in Saltney moved to Wrexham - it's in Southsea (Plas Power walls). Don't know about the Blacon walls.
Snorkers 24 Apr 2009
In reply to ally smith:

That's not Saltney Walls (worth avoiding in its day, but it now exists as Plas Power, Wrexham). The link suggests it's in a school, in an area even less salubrious than Saltney.....
 David Hooper 24 Apr 2009
In reply to ally smith:

Im setting up a site specific scheme there at the moment - its a decent little wall.

Organised groups from outside the school seem to book it out, but I dont think individuals can just "drop in".

I will have more info when I call in over there in a couple of weeks.
 jaswa 24 Apr 2009
In reply to ally smith:

you mean here?

http://www.plaspoweradventure.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=art...

he was the guy who ran blacon. Been a few times as its my 'local' wall but i live about 2 miles from maesafn and pothole crags near mold so unless its tipping it down i prefer a bit of fresh air.

jaswa 24 Apr 2009
In reply to jaswa: i should add that its pretty good and worth a trip if you live in the area
Snorkers 24 Apr 2009
In reply to jaswa:

No.

The guy who runs Plas Power (Ian) previously ran Chester Walls at Saltney. That was a completely different facility that no longer exists.
 jaswa 24 Apr 2009
In reply to Snorkers: i'm a complete muppet - your 100% correct, I was talking about Ian and it was the Saltney wall that he ran - dunno what i was thinking!!!!!
 UKC Forums 24 Apr 2009
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Walls & Training - Find out where the best climbing wall is in your area. Who goes there? What are the facilities like? Build your own cellar. Training tips and injuries info. It's all here. (And don't forget to check the Classified Listings which contain the UK's most comprehensive online database of climbing walls.)

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
Snorkers 24 Apr 2009
In reply to jaswa:

Don't be so hard on yourself - the two areas are adjacent, no?
 jaswa 25 Apr 2009
In reply to Snorkers: well both 'outskirts' of Chester
 warringtonade 04 May 2009
In reply to ally smith:
I work at this school..... Its a fairly compact wall. It has a matted bouldering area, longish traverse wall and 12 top roped or lead routes.
So far as David Hooper has said it has been used by only school groups. I think there are plans to eventually open up the wall so there is access to the public. However, if your interested in having a look just let me know...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...