UKC

OMM Kamleika

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kizer144 01 May 2009
i have been looking at theOMM Kamleika Jacket and i was wondering as i have had no OMM equitment befor about what the build quality is like and wether people would recomend it over other products like theKamleika Jacket, please message me as i need the answer soon.
 Rawstron1 02 May 2009
In reply to kizer144: I've never had a Kamleika myself but my buddy has returned TWO after the taping came off both of them after just a few outings each. Looking at the fabric and the way they wear out quickly I think I'd save my money if I were you. My mate said they were swaety as hell too. What about something like the Montane Atomic? They're similarly priced but more hard wearing.
 PontiusPirate 02 May 2009
In reply to kizer144:

There are very good as long as its not warm and wet (but I can't think of any waterproof that does well in those conditions).

However, after 3 years, the tape on all the seams between the hood and the rest of the garment has come unstuck - simply a case of the fabric being stretchy, but the tape being very much not.

I've using running and ski-ing with rucksacks and have no sign of wear from the straps, or even at the wrists (which is another 'popular' place for waterproofs to fail) its just it does snag very easily so its definately NOT suitable for climbing in (or mountain-biking through a hawthorn - ouch!)

PP.
 TeaGirl 02 May 2009
In reply to kizer144:

I've got an older model KIMM Kamleika jacket - it's good in terms of waterproofing and doesn't rustle the way lots of waterproof gear does, however I don't find it that comfortable - it's a bit short in the body with weird elasticated cuffs. I tend to wear my Montane H2O out of choice now - it has all the up sides, probably scrunches up smaller and is much more pleasant to wear.
 TeaGirl 02 May 2009
In reply to kizer144:

I do, however have 2 OMM sacks (25l & 10l) which are excellent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...