UKC

Footwear and specific walk ins....advice please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flicka 14 May 2009
Will I be alright with approach shoes for walking in to Gimmer and White Ghyll? Or will it be horrendously and ridiculously muddy? That's where we are likely to head to in the Lakes this weekend, in between thunderstorms etc. I've got boots, of course, but I also have a dodgy tendon in my ankle that is being rested (as I'll need to wear winter boots in the alps) in the hopes that it will heal. Any pressure=very painful. Also thinking approach shoes would be useful for the descents. But if I'm going to be floundering in mud, then maybe they arent so good!

So, any heads up of what the walk in paths are like to the above crags would be appreciated (Have climbed on Gimmer once, years ago, in blazing sunshine and can't think what the path is like.) Sorry for such a daft question but I blame my ankle (easily plump for boots otherwise just in case or whatever).
 brieflyback 14 May 2009
In reply to Flicka:

Approach shoes will be fine for both.
 pog100 14 May 2009
In reply to Flicka:

Could be very wet, but most of the paths around there are not particularly muddy. I would have said approach shoes woudl be fine.
 sutty 14 May 2009
In reply to pog100:

I agree, if it is wet enough for any paths to be muddy those crags will be too wet to climb on with pleasure. Approach shoes should be fine.
OP Flicka 14 May 2009
In reply to all:

Thanks, all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...