UKC

shoes for lofoten

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dr Caterpillar 19 May 2009
going to lofoten this summer, any thoughts on shoe choice? thinking something quite soft for friction slabs
 Mike H 19 May 2009
In reply to Dr Caterpillar: On my trip to Lofoten I can't really remember too many friction slabs and we got through alot of routes.

I'd eer on the side of comfort as you'll be in them for a major chunk of time most days, I think we climbed the priest in about 6 hours so its long enough to get sore feet.

I'd have a look at something like the 5.10 Gambit or similar.

Have a good trip, its a great place providing you get the weather.
 d_b 19 May 2009
In reply to Dr Caterpillar: Any general purpose shoe would be fine I think.

I remember the rock being pretty grippy, but didn't climb that many slabs. My old 5.10 ascents were ideal.

GrahamD 19 May 2009
In reply to Dr Caterpillar:

Think comfortable - you might be standing around in them for a while ! I wore Sausiletos (with socks - it was cold !) all the week I was there. If you think of the style of climbing and nature of rock of Bosigran you won't be far off the mark.
 TobyA 19 May 2009
In reply to GrahamD:
> I wore Sausiletos (with socks - it was cold !) all the week I was there.

Same here on my last trip, although without socks. I would definitely recommend comfortable shoes with an emphasis on edging. I did Vestpillaren on a previous trip in overly tight Scarpa dominators. Had to take them off at every belay! Even on pure slabs, with granite you are often still edging, so something with some stiffness is better than soft shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...