UKC

Rucksacks: Crux AK37 or Osprey Mutant 38

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sutty22 04 Jun 2009
I'm torn between these two. Can anyone offer any advice? Any particular pros/cons of either?
Thanks in advance, Chris
 hamsforlegs 04 Jun 2009
In reply to Sutty22:

AK is lighter and simpler, but generally very similar packs.

The Osprey has a more 'structured', comfortable feel. The straps, buckles etc also do a better job of 'staying put' on the Osprey, because it doesn't use the very thin/slick tapes of the Crux. Probably not a deal-breaker?

If you're likely to want to stuff the empty sack into another bag (eg to create one bag for the second on long routes), then the Crux may be a better bet as is more floppy/flexible.

All in my own limited experience.

Both very good packs.

Mark
 Andrew Smith 04 Jun 2009
In reply to Sutty22: As above, the crux straps creep when the sack is heavily loaded, quite annoying. Tough wearing sack though.

Cheers

Andy
 Rob84 04 Jun 2009
In reply to Sutty22: I have a crux ak57, which although a completely different bag has similar construction. I think it's a great sack on the whole, but I have one major gripe with it - the extension collar is made out of ridiculously flimsy material that seems to wear through/tear through stiching in no time. This is obviously an attempt to keep weight down but at the expense of an extra few grams for a more durable fabric for the small amount of material the collar is made from, I dont see the point in such a sacrifice in basic funtionality. It seems crazy that the rest of the pack is made from totally bombproof material but is let down by such a small and easily remedied problem.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...