UKC

Cotswold Chichester store - less than impressed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
oh what the heck 07 Jun 2009
Visited the new Cotswold store in chichester on Friday as was in the area and needed a new rucksack so wanted to take advantage of their offers.

Turned out to be a complete waste of my time, the staff were far from helpful- seeming to have no knowledge of what they were talking about and not overly keen to spend time helping me. they didnt have anything I was interested in and when asked if they could get it their lack of interest wasnt encouraging, they seeme more interested in what snacks they were getting than taking money.
After spending 30minutes and speaking to 3 different staff I had to give up as was obvious that either they didnt know the answers to my questions or just werent interested in helping me.

Ended up going into my local Southampton store on my way home and picking up the bag from there, where they gave me a discount for my troubles. As always, the guys in this store seemed to be much more switched on and enthusiastic and actually had what I needed as they have a much bigger store and better range.

If your thinking of going to Cotswold in Chichester my advice is dont bother. The store is small and limited in range and the staff are very green. There are other stores nearby, Peglers or Cotswold in Southampton both have much better ranges and more experienced staff.
 GarethSL 07 Jun 2009
In reply to oh what the heck: much alike the one in Plymouth
 snailonvalium 07 Jun 2009
In reply to oh what the heck: you want to see the store in preston!lmao
 Dr Rorlasaurus 07 Jun 2009
In reply to oh what the heck:

Cotswold Norwich ain't so hot either. Not only do they offer poor advice but they slag off the local competition to customers.
 bouldery bits 07 Jun 2009

Southampton Cotswold are brill (my mate works there so I have to say that)

Bournemouth store is pretty brill for shoe fitting stuffs.
richard85 07 Jun 2009
My local store in St Albans are always helpful and very knowledgeable. Haven't really been to many others so can't comment.
snorbie 07 Jun 2009
In reply to richard85: trouble with the st albans store is that they stock sod all apart from north face and berghaus jackets for the locals to wear on the train as they go to the city in the morning ....
 Stuzz 07 Jun 2009

maybe your just a very unapproachable person... or perhaps you smell...
Bob kate bob 22 Jun 2009
In reply to oh what the heck: Why would you want to go to Cotswolds as it is usually more expensive than other outdoor shops, and secondally you really have to wonder about your sanity if you went to cotswolds when Pegglers is so close by.
 Martin 22 Jun 2009
In reply to torbaytradclimber:

Sure you would say that
I went climbing with a group of people i know (friends of friends) and when they brought out their climbing rope that they had been using for sport climbing i was astonished that it was a half rope, according to them they had gone into Cotswold in Bournemouth asked for the cheapest climbing rope for sport climbing and was sold a half rope, really worrying that a store like that is so bad, just goes to show the bigger companies get the less training they do.
 icnoble 22 Jun 2009
In reply to oh what the heck: I have had great advice from Cotswald in Preston. Also I get 15% discount!
In reply to oh what the heck: Glasgow is a good example of this. The original Cotswold in Crow Road Retail Park has well trained, helpful staff, whereas the Silverburn shop is more like a glorified Millets.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...