UKC

Beal Rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wild_nomad 08 Jun 2009
Has anyone got a Beal Top Gun II, 10.5 Golden Dry rope? I have recently got one and on the first use the rope has quite badly deformed where the figure of 8 knot was tied. It didn't even take any falls! Anyone else had similar problems?
 benny_m 08 Jun 2009
In reply to wild_nomad:

Yeah I have abused my Top Gun 2 for over a year now using it a least one session a week and taking some big whippers on it. I would imagine its deforming because it hasn't stretched out yet and the rope is still quite soft so where your tying in it will indent the rope, nothing to worry about though quality bomb proof rope.

sdavies141 08 Jun 2009
In reply to wild_nomad: I second the above, just start using the rope regularly, it should be fine, if it appears to be damaging the rope or you are concerned take it to a climbing shop and ask a member of staff, if it is damaged beal will replace the rope.
londonrocks 08 Jun 2009
In reply to wild_nomad: I've got a cheapish beal rope. Happened a bit when that was new. Not so much more. As per above, bomb proof rope.
OP wild_nomad 09 Jun 2009
Thanks guys! I do feel better about it now. I have heard a lot of good things about this rope so hopefully, like you all said, I just need to wait for it to stretch out a bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...