UKC

Towers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 philpaynter 12 Jun 2009
dose any no of any disused water towers or gas towers that are good for abseiling
 JLS 12 Jun 2009
In reply to philpaynter:

>"towers that are good for abseiling"

Nelson's column in Trafalgar Square, London is quite good.

You'll need 2x50m ropes. A 120cm sling goes nicely over Nelson's hat and wont slip over his shoulders. This can be backed up with a thread through his bad arm and should be if you are intent on using the in-situ sling around his neck which was showing signs of where the last time I was there. The platform on top of the column can not accommodate more than 14 people so it isn't suitable for very large groups.

In the past there have been severe access restrictions however since the BMC slipped Boris Johnston a bung things have relaxed somewhat.
 JoshOvki 12 Jun 2009
In reply to JLS:

But what ever you do, no pitons or bolts!
OP philpaynter 12 Jun 2009
In reply to JoshOvki: that could work lol but it some thing we were talking about last time we were abseiling my friend throught it could be a laugh i think he is bonkers, he want to abseil any thing he would do big ben if there was not a risk of getting shot lol
 JoshOvki 12 Jun 2009
In reply to philpaynter:

Sling around the hour hand. Just make sure its not between 3 and 9!
In reply to JoshOvki: that would not be good
 JLS 12 Jun 2009
In reply to JoshOvki:

>"between 3 and 9"

Between 3 and 9 I always clove hitch a sling around the end of the hour hand - work fine, safe as houses.
In reply to JLS: ok well next time you go let me no lol
Chris Tan Ver. LI - On the Bog 12 Jun 2009
 wilkie14c 12 Jun 2009
In reply to Chris Tan Ver. LI - On the Bog:
The Blackpool tower has been screaming for a free ascent for years, this could be combined with an abb retreat all the back down to maximise pleasure for the rubberneckers if thats what you want?....
OP philpaynter 15 Jun 2009
In reply to blanchie14c: now thats an idea lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...