UKC

baby backpack carrier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
joeb 12 Jun 2009
Our now 4 month old is getting close to the stage were we can carry her in a backpack type carrier. What would you guys recommend, we walk the pooch every day so needs to be light ?
 quirky 12 Jun 2009
In reply to joeb: The little life ones are very good with the exception of the stand or rather lack of one. The full rain cover is excellent and we got a little inflatable next brace for our little one. Have heard very good reports for the Mac pack ones. We got ours off my brother in law so it was free, would still have bought one tho! Invaluable bit of kit for getting out and about and our wee man (1 year old now) loves it!
 Tree 12 Jun 2009
In reply to quirky: 2nd for Little Life. We got ours used on ebay, and its outstandingly comfy- at least as well made as a good rucksack- mobile waist bell and loads of back adjustment on the Voyager.
joeb 12 Jun 2009
Has anyone used a sherpani as some of the US sites recommend these ?
 Dr Rorlasaurus 12 Jun 2009
In reply to joeb:

We sell Littlelife by the ton. Very popular.
 Tree 12 Jun 2009
In reply to ligemidio: I noticed last summer they were the make of choice for a hire shop in Grasmere, too.
 winhill 12 Jun 2009
In reply to joeb:

i have a littlelife voyager they are very good but maybe a bit heavier than if you just want something for walking the dog.

4 months old you want some thing that keeps them out of the wind ideally.
 frodostickel 12 Jun 2009
In reply to joeb:
Can recommend the Deuter Kid Comfort II (or III).
great carry system, more comfortable then my hiking pack, excellent child harness (comfortable and safe). Enough space for a water bladder, changing stuff etc.
I have the version II + additional sun roof (recommended) which includes the rain cover as well (not tried yet).
the version III is kinda all inclusive.

greetings
 Carolyn 12 Jun 2009
In reply to joeb:

A big framed carrier is great if you need the carrying capacity. But if it's just for walking the dog, you could try something like an Ergo ( http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/ )or other soft structured carrier (Connecta, Papatum, Angelpack LX, erm, I run out of examples there, but there are loads) - baby is right up against your back, and you could probably use it from 4 months if she's got reasonable head control. Much, much lighter, and I find it much more comfortable (but that's at least partly 'cos the Macpacs, etc, are basically on a man's frame).

Have a Littlelife Ultralite I'm about to eBay - email me if that's of any interest! (A "framed" carrier, but with no carrying capacity). I bought it for round the shops, but am now a complete convert to the Ergo!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...