UKC

Major climbing technical development - Sticky Rubber Gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TerryB 24 Jun 2009
Had a bit of a laugh with Raptorheli about it the other day (He'll deny ever climbing with me now but Seriously, why not?

Naked feet eventually succumbed to footwear eventually evolved to hobnail boots eventually developed into rock boots.

Naked hands developed into climbing gloves that evolved into sticky rubber gloves..

I think that it is a fantastic idea! At least for a bit of fun

Cheers

TelB
qwerty 24 Jun 2009
In reply to TerryB:

Sticky rubber gloves for crack-climbing/jamming were available twenty or so years ago in the States. I've never tried them ...
OP TerryB 24 Jun 2009
In reply to qwerty: Cheers Guys!
Hmmmm, that one goes down as marginally better than the idea about using Twitter for gear review.
kluz 24 Jun 2009
In reply to TerryB: I always find marigolds do the trick...
 gethin_allen 24 Jun 2009
In reply to kluz:
> (In reply to TerryB) I always find marigolds do the trick...

for climbing or just personal matters?
kluz 24 Jun 2009
In reply to gethin_allen: hahahahah
OP TerryB 24 Jun 2009
In reply to kluz: Seriously? - I am going to give that a go!
If you see some flashing marigolds at Stanage it's me!
kluz 24 Jun 2009
In reply to TerryB: seriously, I don't know what climbing gloves are I use a pair of gardening gloves for absieling, as I have delicate hands...
 raptorheli 24 Jun 2009
In reply to TerryB: te insted for buying some gloves get some new rock boots,you will be climbing 2 grades higher holes in the end,stop looking at cams and ropes and think boots lol

simon
 raptorheli 25 Jun 2009
In reply to raptorheli: it should say without holes in the end
 Danhan 25 Jun 2009
In reply to niggle:
Haha! I love the "Packs of 3. DESIGNED FOR CLIMBING ONLY!!" at the end of the product description.
 niggle 25 Jun 2009
In reply to Danhan:

Well, err, what else would you use them for?

(I take it you haven't seen them - they're a snug fit for small fingers, let alone, um, anything else...)
OP TerryB 25 Jun 2009
In reply to raptorheli: Heh Heh! That made me laugh! Yes, of course you are right! My rock boots are REALLY worn out. Hopefully, I might have a new pair very soon....
But gonna hold you to that two grades improvement
Feels like I've got my wife on my back! Strangely, you know my every move, just by me thinking about it, just like my wife!
Cheers
TelB
OP TerryB 25 Jun 2009
In reply to niggle: Hmmmm, very snug!
 Chris Lambert 25 Jun 2009
In reply to TerryB:

http://www.mtntools.com/cat/rclimb/chalkacc/handjammies.htm

These what you were looking for. Seems like a laugh for $33.50.
Ian Black 25 Jun 2009
In reply to TerryB:

> I think that it is a fantastic idea! At least for a bit of fun

Why not! Folk climb with leashes on axes.
 Wilbur 25 Jun 2009
In reply to TerryB:

I think you're forgetting that we have to strap rock shoes to our feet in a painful fashion. Not sure doing the same for gloves would be useful..

"I've latched the jug but my hands have gone numb.. i'm off...!"
OP TerryB 25 Jun 2009
In reply to Chris Lambert: OK - As soon as I've got my new ropes, shoes, cams, extra crabs etc etc then I am gonna buy this!
 gabriel_m 01 Jul 2009
In reply to TerryB:
In the Czech Republic when climbing very rough sandstone jamming cracks fingerless gloves with rubber patches on the back of the hand are often used. They work better and are less wasteful than tape gloves.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...