UKC

Parking at Kilnsey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bogster 04 Jul 2009
The parking situation at Kilnsey is getting desperate at the minute, Kilnsey is the crag in vogue at the moment would it not be a good idea for the Bmc to buy or disguss renting part of the field from the farmer to ease the situation before there is an access problem at one of Yorkshires best crags?
 Andy Farnell 04 Jul 2009
In reply to bogster: There is ample parking at Kilnsey if people use thier heads. If it is full by the crag then park by the Tennants and enjoy a well served pint afterwards.

Andy F
 brieflyback 04 Jul 2009
In reply to bogster:

If it's really that desperate, can't people park on the bridge between Kilnsey and Conistone, and walk all of a few hundred yards to the crag? Or is that just impossible to contemplate?

I'd rather do that than have my wing mirrors knocked off by the nutcases who zing past looking at the crag rather than the road.
Serpico 04 Jul 2009
In reply to andy farnell:
Also a big lay by to the north of the crag, has an in-situ ice cream van at weekends.
TimS 05 Jul 2009
In reply to Serpico: yep, we parked up there today, planty of space still even though the crag was busy; less than 10 mins walk back to the crag.
kms@home 05 Jul 2009
In reply to bogster:

parking further away from the crag then walking a little bit further? Interesting. Dont even do that when i go to asda
 richardh 05 Jul 2009
In reply to andy farnell:

they don't though, do they? at least 8 cars parked alongside the stream on the way out today, some with wheels on top of the stream wall. it's not really very far to the far layby
 Michael Ryan 05 Jul 2009
In reply to richardh:

Will climbers who climb at Kilnsey regularly educate those climbers who park inappropriately perhaps?

Andy? Serpico?
 UKB Shark 05 Jul 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Has anyone parked inappropriately ?
 richardh 05 Jul 2009
In reply to Simon Lee:

the issue is whether you think partially blocking the road by the stream is inappropriate or not, and what may happen if climbers continue to do that, if any sanction could be taken, maybe it can't, maybe it's a non-issue beyond risking your wing mirrors.

personally I think you can squeeze about three cars on the side of the road without it being dangerous. obviously some people don't think it's an issue, and park up to 8 cars there.
 brieflyback 05 Jul 2009
In reply to richardh:

I would have thought it was only an issue if the Dales NPA and the Highways Authority start considering the current use of the layby as creating a hazard on a busy and fast stretch of road - and decide to remove it as an option.

Then the hideously long walk-in will be a must!
 Enty 05 Jul 2009
In reply to bogster:

So you, JP, MJ, AN, MR et al are parking up the lane in the village and walking in?

Enty
 UKB Shark 05 Jul 2009
In reply to richardh:personally I think you can squeeze about three cars on the side of the road without it being dangerous

What danger ? Its not on a bend.
Guy Keating, BMC 14 Jul 2009
Anyone going to Kilnsey over the next week or so?
Would you mind putting up a couple of temp. notices below the crag?
(It would really help the situation)

If you can help out, email me your postal address - guy@thebmc.co.uk

Cheers
Guy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...