UKC

Races / Competitions in the South East

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Zygoticgema 06 Jul 2009
Hi,

I am currently taking a course in remedial massage and to increase my experiance I'm hoping to head to some competitions or races and set up my couch to treat competitors for free. So does anyone know of any (or where I could find details) of any races (running, triathlons, cycling) going on in the south east. Or is anyone organising an event?

Ideally I'll be joined by some of the other students from the course as well so there should be a little group of us working away.

Failing that if anyone is injured and in need of some free treatment send me a message. Whilst I am only half way through the course I have started to learn NMT, SRT, Friction along with the basics stuff, just need willing victims!

Zyg.
 teflonpete 06 Jul 2009
In reply to Zygoticgema:

There's a Duathlon event at Box Hill called the triandrun Winter Ballbuster, which involves running an 8 mile course then cycling 24 miles then running another 8 miles on a course up and down Box Hill. Reckon there might be a few people in need of remedial massage after that.
It's on the 7th November I think and should be in your area if you're a Craggyite.
 Dave B 06 Jul 2009
In reply to Zygoticgema:

When is the earliest you will be up to doing it and how many other students? Is East Kent too far? If East Kent is OK may I pass on some details to our local race organisers, in case our regular massuers don't want to do them...

djb
 owlart 06 Jul 2009
In reply to Zygoticgema: My Boss does quite a few Triathlons around Sussex (I'm in Worthing). I'll find out what his club's website is and let you know, that might be a good starting point. They also do a few other, non-triathlon, races too.
OP Zygoticgema 06 Jul 2009
In reply to Dave B: Well we can start now, we just won't be charging as we're students still. Kent's fine for me but I'm not sure the others will be able to get there.

By all means send my details.
OP Zygoticgema 06 Jul 2009
In reply to teflonpete: PERFECT! Thansk!
Taffraf 06 Jul 2009
In reply to Zygoticgema: If you look on the runners world website you can pull off a list of events by distance & county. As one who runs frequently, I would be glad of a free massage!
 fimm 06 Jul 2009
In reply to Zygoticgema:

Look for triathlons here:

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/events/

(you can search by region)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...