UKC

running socks that keep your toes clean?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gingerkate 12 Jul 2009
My trainers let muddy water through, my socks let muddy water through, so I end up with muddy toenails. Are there any socks that keep your toes clean???
 Dominion 12 Jul 2009
In reply to gingerkate:

Don't Sealskinz do socks? They're supposed to be waterproof, I think.

Possibly too thick for running in, maybe?

http://www.sealskinz.com/
OP gingerkate 12 Jul 2009
In reply to Dominion:
Oh cheers Dom, didn't know they did socks. And Chevin Cycles is listed as a stockist, so that's handy.
 TN 12 Jul 2009
In reply to Dominion: I've got some socks - they're very wide in the foot and I suspect they might bunch up and cause discomfort for running. They're good for mountainbiking but you're not 'using' your feet so much there.
KA 12 Jul 2009
In reply to gingerkate:
Have used sealskinz on a 50 mile running event. No blisters. Really comfy, didn't let my feet get too hot. Stayed waterproof for 42 miles - nothing was going to keep the horrendous weather out on that event! Even then, feet still stayed fine temperature-wise.

Word of warning - be careful how you wash/dry them. They have an inner lining which became detached in mine and would runch up and so became unusable. I sent them back, Sealskinz accused me of washing them too hot (over 40 deg) or drying them on a direct heat source (eg radiator) - neither of which I did - my washing machine is programmed at 30 deg. Needless to say I got no refund or replacement product - not impressed with their customer service.
OP gingerkate 12 Jul 2009
In reply to KA:
Cheers for the advice, I will treat them carefully!
KA 12 Jul 2009
In reply to KA:
"delaminate' they call it on their website.......
 LastBoyScout 12 Jul 2009
In reply to gingerkate:

I would have said Sealskinz, except...

I've got a pair I use for biking in when it's cold and wet, but I'd hate to run in them. They're not particularly well shaped for your feet and don't stretch much, so I'd expect to get blisters and sore toes.

I think you'ld be better off with dedicated running socks and a toenail brush

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...