ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Problems at Alderly Cliff

paul cox on 09 Feb 2003 - 195.157.53.37 whois?

Just to let everybody know that Alderly cliff is at present very dangerous.

i was up there yesterday and there was some huge rockfalls as I was half way up a route narrowly missing both myself and partner, luckily no injuries but if I was any higher up I would have most certainly brown bread.

The route was Carmen at VS 4c and at the top there was a huge boulder about the size of a mini which has been suspended for many years between the top of the final pillar and the hillside. This is the boulder that came away and made me fill my pants. There are still a couple of large boulders wedged but are very very loose and will most certainly come down over the next few weeks weather this will affect the top section of the route I am unsure. As far as I'm aware the majority of the rest of the crag to the right of Carman is ok, however I certainly wont be climbing there for a long time.
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums